Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dehydrated and oily skin care

So i've come to the realization that I have dehydrated but oily skin. My skin is dry and flakey but i still get black heads and white heads. Does anyone have any skin care products they recommend? Any and all advice is welcome!

Re: Dehydrated and oily skin care

I have oily skin that can become dehydrated in the winter.

I'd recommend using a hydrating toner daily (currently using Missha's Time Revolution). I've also started adding a drop of rosehip oil to my moisturizer (Martina Gebhardt's Salvia Face Lotion) which is lightweight but also super hydrating. Another moisturizer that worked for me is the Pureness moisturizer from Shiseido - again, lightweight but effective. I switched to the Gebhardt because it's mostly organic.

I'd also consider a rehydrating mask 1-3x/week. I've been into Origin's Mushroom Mega relief lately.

Drink lots of herbal tea and water 🙂

RE: Dehydrated and oily skin care

I’d recommend either an enzymatic (Peter Thomas Roth Firmx peel gel) or chemical exfoliant (Dr. Gross peel pads). An enzymatic exfoliant is very gentle, but has ingredients that will eat away at dead skill cells without irritating areas where you’re experiencing the texture from oiliness. A chemical exfoliant will breakdown the “glue” that is binding your dead skin cells to the surface. Chemical exfoliant use ingredients like citric, glycolic, lactic, and salicylic acids to remove flakiness and treat. Glycolic is an amazing ingredient for blackheads, as is salicylic. To keep your skin hydrated but also to ensure it won’t clog pores, any moisturizer that is oil free but features hyaluronic acid or rose, or plant based hydration ingredients is great. I love the Tatcha Water Cream and Belif’s Aqua Bomb! You can always use Sephora’s Skincare IQ to assist in picking the best fit for you!

RE: Dehydrated and oily skin care

I also have extremely dry skin. It used to be oily as well but it’s not as oily now. For SUPER dehydrated skin, like mine, i use vaseline intensive skin lotion mixed with a basic olay spf lotion. It’s helped my dry skin a lot!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing