Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dark spots

After the life cycle of one of my breakouts I usually get a dark spot. I find them them really annoying and have tried a couple of things but nothing really works. Are there any full proof serums or treatments that are not too expensive since I am still in school and don't really have the budget

RE: Dark spots

This is a great question since I suffer the same problem. What did you end up using and what do you recommend?

Hi everyone . Lately I've got so many breakouts after using a peel mask and the spots are not going away. What should I use to remove these spots ? And should I stop using the peel mask? I have combination skin

I have combination skin and I use a charcoal soap bar cleanser which is super sensitive and doesn't dry out while still gently cleaning your face as it whisks away oil and even makeup. I used the BeautyCounter charcoal bar but you can try any other brand for cheaper. I follow with an Aveeno facial moisturizer or the Mario Badescu Rose spray. Hope this helps

Re: Dark spots

I started using Khiels dark spot corrector and it's magic.

Re: Dark spots

I have light skin and the same issue - even if I don't pick, I'm always left with a dark spot post-pimple. Using a glycolic acid at night a couple times a week and a vitamin c serum in the mornings has done wonders to even out my skin and fade those spots. It won't happen overnight and you do have to stick to a consistent routine, but it's a pretty affordable way to go. 

RE: Re: Dark spots

Which glycolic acid brand do you use and which vitamin c serum?

I am medium skin tone so after breakouts I get hyperpigmentation. Drunk elephant has saved and transformed my skin! I know it's super expensive but I recommend trying their mini sets which are $22-$26 I believe for two different products that for me lasted about 6-8 weeks [a little goes a long way]. The C Firma [the one in the orange colored bottle] has helped fade my scars so much! I think Marula oil and the thc have both also helped with fading my scars too. Those three products in combination should really help with fading scars and preventing breakouts too.

Thanks for your recommendation. I think I will look into Drunk Elephant

If it's just for a spot probably not worth it but if you have a lot of hyperpigmentation and just need a solid skincare routine drunk elephant is so effective for so many skin types
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing