Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dark skin in buttocks

I don't know what to use for my dark skin between my butt cheeks and thighs. I want to brighten it up because it looks so dirty which isn't

#darkskin #buttocks 

Re: Dark skin in buttocks

dermal M D intimate lightening serum product works great, but I feel it will get even better & speedy results if you mix it with some organic turmeric. The jar is big enough, lasting for 2-3 months. I'm glad I found this serum❤️❤️

@ellaenkh  If the hyperpigmentation (darker-than-usual skin) between your thighs is not caused by a medical condition*, consider these: 

• AHA exfoliant used 1-3 times a week - AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids: glycolic, lactic, mandelic, etc.) remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, revealing newer skin. An inexpensive option you can find at drugstores (in the US) is Amlactin body lotion, either the Daily Moisturizing (12% lactic acid) or Rapid Relief (15% lactic acid) version. Apply both products in place of your usual body lotion to your inner thighs. If you don’t wanna go the leave-on route, consider a rinse-off product like First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g 

Whichever option you choose, don’t use it daily; use it 1-3 times a week. Otherwise you’ll over-exfoliate your skin, which is especially painful in places with skin-on-skin friction. 

• Broad spectrum sunscreen - minimum SPF 30, applied generously to ALL skin exposed to sunlight (including your inner thighs if exposed) and reapplied every couple hours (more frequently if you’re sweaty or your skin gets wet), all year long, regardless of weather or season. There’s no point using any product to lighten hyperpigmentation if you don’t also stop the sun from creating more of it. Do you already use a sunscreen? It can be mineral, chemical, or hybrid; all 3 types work largely the same way, and one type‘s not automatically better than the others. 

*Large patches of hyperpigmentation can be a symptom of a serious underlying medical condition. It’s worth seeing your primary care doctor to get it checked out. 

Ive been using the ordinary glicolic acid, and some dark spots have completely faded and others have lightened. I suggest giving this product a try however use it consistently.

@ellaenkh I found that for dark spots I've had some luck with exfoliation coupled with a Vitamin C ingredient. I believe the Tree Hut brand still makes their Vitamin C Scrub. Dr. Teals also makes a super affordable lotion with Vitamin C that is definitely work checking out. Although this may lighten the darker areas, they will not totally vanish. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing