cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Dark Circles

Hi, what would be the best products to help get rid of dark circles under my eyes. I also get little bumbs under my eyes and they are usually very dry. Thanks any advice or product suggestions will help! 

RE: Dark Circles

@Anonymous I would recommend Kate Somerville+Retinol Eye Cream. It will help with dark cirlcles, fine lines and may clear up the bumps you have with continued use. Are they hard to the touch? It may be Millie which may have been caused by ingredients in previous skincare. You can see a dermatologist to have them extracted for quick results or use the correct eye cream and have them fade naturally.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Dark Circles

Hi 🙂
For the bumps under your eyes I would recommend the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA from Paula's Choice (link: https://www.paulaschoice.com/skin-perfecting-2pct-bha-liquid/201.html?cgid=category-aha-bha-exfolian...) this one is not sold at sephora unfortunately, but it's AMAZING for unclogging pores, exfoliating skin and getting rid of dead skin cells. It also prevents break outs and gets rid of blackheads. It's gentle enough to use in your whole face but I would combine it with a good moisturizer or oil as this product can be slightly drying. 

For dark circles I have heard great things about Hyaluronic Marine Dew It All Eye Gel by Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare (link: https://www.sephora.com/product/hyaluronic-marine-dew-it-all-eye-gel-P427393?skuId=2028546&icid2=pro...)

But if you feel like that's a little pricey for such a small amount of product, you could try the Waterburst Hydrated Glow Moisturizer from GlamGlow (link: https://www.sephora.com/product/waterburst-tm-hydrated-glow-moisturizer-P427392?skuId=1998301&icid2=...) instead and use it as a moisturizer for your whole face, including your eyes (eye creams are usually less effective anyway, and more expensive... real silly) so that way you get way more product for about the same price. Both of these include Hyaluronic Acid which is an amazing hydrating ingredient that also brightens your skin and work anti-aging, a great ingredient for dark circles.

An even cheaper alternative is the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 from The ordinary (link: https://www.sephora.com/product/hyaluronic-acid-2-b5-P427419?skuId=2031375&icid2=products%20grid:p42...) I would use this product together with a moisturizer 

I would not recommend using salicylic acid under the eyes... your under eye area is more sensitive and not to mention it would probably sting to get that in your eyes. If it's a must try, do a spot test to avoid irritation. I use PC's 2% BHA daily and I do not apply to the undereye area.

Anonymous Insider

As long as you blend it with your moisturizer or serum it’s fine and not too harsh for this area. I personally use this every day and it has never been an issue. Of course you should be careful when applying. But I’ve heard dermatologist (including the founder of PC herself) recommend over and over and over to apply your active ingredients (even strong retinols) to eye area and mix it with your moisturizer - instead of using expensive eye creams. They are more expensive because they contain more ingredients because it’s a sensative area yes, but you get pretty much the same product if you just blend the active ingredient with your moisturizer 😊 

@Anonymous if it works for you, great! But when giving recommendations always give precautions because someone could blindly take your recommendation and run with it. 

BHA is typically not recommended for the eye area. I’ve seen glycolic and retinol. Bumps could result from a number of things, not just clogged pores. I don’t use eye creams. I know they’re just diluted formulations that cost way too much. 

Also in terms of dermatologists...IMO they  have all given bad advice. And they constantly contradict each other on certain topics. Just because one says you should do it doesn’t mean you should. Always patch test because your skin will be different from someone else’s. 

Agreed @k617, that might be a little harsh for such a sensitive area

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing