Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Gorgeous skin!  I'm super curious about Nude products now.  What should I start with, the jelly?

You use the Omega Jelly Cleanser, too. That's it. I am busting this out tomorrow night!

Jem...you are glowing! So jealous!

Jemly - I apply my serum all up in my eyes as well.  Especially retinol serums.

How do you like the Aveda lotion?  I was keen to try the exfoliant from the Botanical Kinetics line, but I put that off.

it's been my go-to moisturizer for well over 2 years. i just think it's perfect. light but very hydrating, not sticky, etc. 

i actually have the exfoliant and it's my 3rd bottle of it. i kind of stopped using it when i realized how high up the inci list the alcohol was, BUT....frankly, i got good results with it. my skin liked it, it never seemed too harsh (like the clinique ones are). i've been pulling it out again recently...

Thanks. 

I use a Clarins toner as my 2nd tier "alternative" to Pixi Glow.  It has alcohol as well, but isn't too bad.  Aveda might be along the same lines.  When the season changes, I might try the Aveda Botanicals line samples.

yeah, when i see alcohol on the list, i don't instantly dismiss it...i check how high up it is, but also what other sorts of ingredients are there too. can make all the difference.

last year they put out a botanical kinetics eye cream. i got a sample and liked it a lot, from the little i tried. next time i'm in the aveda shop (likely when i'm repurchasing my moisturizer) i think i'm going to grab some of that up, too. the whole line is lovely, though i've never tried the cleansers (if they put out a balm cleanser, that may change !!).

i lovvvve aveda

AM:

Chanel pink toner, Raw Sauce, Vitamin C serum, NUDE oil, Clinique Moisture Surge, and random eye cream sample. 

SPF in the form of BB cushion compact - not enough I know, but I ran out of MD SS 😞

PM:

double cleanse, MB Rosewater spray, essence sample from Birchbox, KS DermalQuench with Retinol, Dr. Jart Beauty BB, random eye sample

Skin = happy, hormonal spots almost gone, just a wee bit of redness around one. Will do REN glycol/lactic peel tomorrow, followed by a soothing mask

The Raw sauce is on my list of things to try. After getting my Sephora sample subbed, I almost ordered a nail polish to see if the Maryland warehouse had it. I cannot justify buying it without sampling it first when I have 2 brand new full-sized bottles and 2 samples. Eventually, I will try it though.

I love it! I think it would help with dry skin as well...they also have the smaller size bottle...I think it's $14

Zip - the Chanel pink toner isn't the gentle Exfoliating Toner, is it?  I have that - it is my "alternative' toner.  It's nice.

Nevermind, I confused Chanel with Clarins.

Hehe - it's ok. I think exfoliating toners would be too much? Although I want to try the Pixi...My skin did not enjoy any of the pads - DDG or FAB (haven't tried Radical), so I am on the fence if I want to chance it.

1/20/16 

AM

usual routine

Glamglow youth cleanse

Clarins toning lotion with Iris

May Coop Raw sauce

Clinique smart serum

Clinique roll on eye serum

Origin Ginzing eye cream

Algenist sublime defence cream

PM

It's my Facial night so a few extra steps than regular routine

Shu Uemura Ultime8 cleansing oil

Boscia thermal black cleanser

Herbivore Brighten pineapple enzyme + gemstone instant glow mask. (LOVE it)

Caolion Premium Hot and cold pore pack duo (Only on and around the nose)

Fresh sugar lip scrub

Fresh clear lip treatment

The Face shop Rice sheet mask 

Ren Bio retinoids oil

Clinique roll on eye serum 

Clinique repair ware laser focus eye cream

Korress wild rose sleeping facial

A note about Face shop sheet mask.

I bought many of them on impulse. Though product is fine but the shape of mask is terrible atleast for my face. Holes for eyes are too small. I have to make extra cut on the side to fold away the sheet or it will be on the outer corner of my eyes. The nose part is also too small ( but then I have a little longer nose 🙁) which makes it hard to adjust the mask properly on the face. I wish all brands send sheet and gel masks in two parts so they can be adjusted according to the face shape.

How often do you do the lip scrub? I was thinking of increasing how often I do mine, which is only 2-3 times a month.

It totally depend on the condition of my lips. If I use liquid lipstick for consecutive few days then I have to do it say after 2-3 days otherwise once in a week works for me.

I might be the last person on earth that hasn't used a sheet mask yet 🙂

Dry, sensitive skin with dark spots

1/20/16 - AM

1) Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Soap

2) Indie Lee CO Q 10 Toner

3) May Coop Raw Sauce

4) ELF Daily Hydrationg Moisturizer

5) Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock

I just received the samples from filling out the questionnaire on Mario Badescu's site so I'm going to start incorporating some of those products into my routine tonight.

That Egg Mousse Soap is another thing I want to try. You are all giving me ideas to add to my shopping list.

I looove the Egg Mousse Soap!  You should definitely try it!  It's a nice cleanser that leaves my skin refreshed and it smells amazing.  Plus it is fun to use because it comes out like a shaving cream.

Oh great!  I'm excited to use them.  Although I don't get why they send me a pretty generous sample of Drying Cream when I'm sure by all my answers they could tell my skin is definitely not oily at all.

Guzel, I used MB Hyarulonic eye cream for ages until I ran out of my pot recently.  I like it. 

2,407 Replies
testing