Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Mocha, Benadryl does the same thing to me. It can make most people sleepy but not me. I have restless leg syndrome and it makes that flare something terrible! No fun feeling creepy crawly skin. It's like torture.

I've wanted to try that OH cleanser forever and someone was kind enough to send me one in a trade. As soon as I use up some open cleansers, that is next. What do you think of it?

Combo-dry

dehydrated but doing much better

No masks or makeup today, so this was my order of application this evening:

1. Mario Badescu Cleansing Milk with Carnation & Rice Oil

2. Lancome Tonique Douceur

3. SKII Facial Treatment Essence

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion Serum

5. Lancome Absolue L'Extrait Eye Cream

6. Essentielle Beauty Apple Pie Face Cream

7. Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel (I use mine as a mask, because I need more moisture than it provides).

8. InstaNatural Eyelash Enhancing Serum

9. Tarte Maracuja Oil

10. By Terry Baume de Rose

11. Kate Somerville Eradikate

Question NC, I have the OH eye gel and I feel the same, I need more hydration so I don't use it as an eye cream.  How do you use it as a mask?  do you put it on and wash it off or do you just wipe it off after a certain amount of time and put on eye cream after?  I would like to use the jar I have and not let it go to waste.  Thanks.  🙂

When I bought it, the OH rep told me you can wear it for 5-15 minutes and remove it or you can use it overnight. If you wipe it off in 15 minutes or so, I assume you would place a regular eye cream on after you wipe it off.

I use mine as an overnight mask, but I place a thicker eye cream under it. That means there is a good chance it will not penetrate as deeply as if I did not put an eye cream under it. For a while, I tried them the other way around where I used it before the eye cream, so more as a serum than a mask. I did not prefer it that way. I suggest playing around with it and using it the way you like it. It does lift as I notice the difference every time. The effects are temporary though. Beautypedia likens it to putting hairspray on your face. It will hold it up for a bit, but the effects wash away.

Thank you.  I will play around with it and try the ways you suggested.  I also didn't like it alone because my under eyes are so dry I need moisture.  I will try it a few different ways this week and see what works best.  I actually have 2 pretty nice size DS samples. 

1/20/16 PM

1) Benefit They're Real Remover

2) Shu Uemura Anti/Oxi Cleansing Oil

3) Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask

4) Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Cream

5) Mario Badescu Protein Night Cream

What do you think of the mask? I've tried it once before and am thinking of trying it again.

It was only a foil (since Sephora didn't give me the DS that was in that fan friday a couple weeks ago) and I can't tell if it did anything.  Hopefully I can get some more foils to test it out.

My second is just a foil, too. I was trying to decide to keep it or gift it, because I did not notice anything different after the first one. I should probably give it one more shot before I write it off though.

Anonymous Insider

It is a really gentle mask, you can leave it on for a long time to remove a week or more's worth of dead skin or bust up a nasty patch of bumpy acne.

Ahh.  See I was afraid to leave it on too long.  The directions said to leave it for 10 minutes for sensitive skin and up to 30 minutes.  I left it on for 20, figured that was a happy medium.  Maybe since it is that gentle it's good for me because I'm afraid of using scrubs and abrasive things since my skin can be sensitive to those things.

Anonymous Insider

It is in my top two for gentle peels. Go long with it. or patch test overnight next time you have a spot come up.

I'll do that.  Hopefully I can get some more foils soon.

Good idea.  I plan to try it out more too before I decide if it works for me or not.

I've learned that I actually like to use the resurfacing mask as a spot treatment 🙂 I'm still in the testing stages but so far it seems to do the trick for me. 

It does work great as a spot treatment!

I like to leave it on overnight for that.

January 20 2016

26, combination, trying to work on one very angry picked at red spot on the top of my cheekbone.

PM skincare, no makeup today

Clarisonic with FAB face cleanser

Irish Moor Mud Mask ~ 30 min

rinse off, pat dry

Caudalie poly phenol c serum

Clarins Santal oil

Hydrocortisone cream 1% only on angry spot

Nude purify moisturizer

I feel nicely moisturized tonight, which I hope will help with oil control tomorrow but balance out the winterness of my skin, I'm always iffy scared it'll be too much with an oil and moisturizer but this combo seems friendly.

Which FAB cleanser are you using? I just finished one I prefer to the one I am alternating now (that the other is gone).

Pure skin Face Cleanser in the blue tube..its creamy, I know I'm not supposed to use creamy cleanser but it's really gentlle and works great with my clarisonic

Anonymous Insider

Haley, are you dry combination or oily combination? Creamy cleansers are good for either, as there are ones to address both concerns.

2,407 Replies
testing