Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

@curlychiquita mine, too!

@curlychiquita mine, too!

I am using many of the same products as you. So glad the...

I am using many of the same products as you. So glad the Ordinary exists!! How are you finding the argireline??. I don't think the origins eye cream is doing much for me either but adds some artificial brightness so I will use it up. I am using coconut oil in evening and notice better hydration with that. I have also been using Ole truth serum as a vitamin C but noticed a lot of blackheads, so I am giving the Ordinary absorbyl glucoside a try. I also recommend the marine hylaronics and their Fountain hylaronic supplement.

Skin twins! I just started using the Argireline about a w...

Skin twins! I just started using the Argireline about a week ago, and I read somewhere that it needs to be used for about 6 months to see an effect. Perhaps after 6 months we forget what our skin looks like and assume it looks better now? lol I've juuuuust started, in the last 2 nights to use Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside instead of the Niacinamide and Matrixyl. I haven't used a vitamin C product before. Either it's the product or perhaps I'm tired, but my cheeks are flushed mid-afternoon. I can feel them now. This is not typical for me, so it may be a reaction to the product. Then again I'm getting over a cold. I will keep an eye on it. I am loving how bright my skin looks when I wake up- much more noticeable than the Buffet.

Re: Skin twins! I just started using the Argireline about a w...

@l8totheparty Maybe the vitamin C product might be too strong? That's a common complaint I hear about The Ordinary's vit C products (excluding the ascorbic acid powder)

Re: Skin twins! I just started using the Argireline about a w...

It could be strong.  I tried this one as it's supposed to be the gentlest of them all.  Maybe I will try every second day or twice a week instead of every evening.  I do love the effect.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Age- 22

Skin Type- Dry, minimal breakouts 

AM Routine:

Rinse face with warm water. 

Spray Fresh Rose Facial Toner to skin. 

Apply Fresh Rose Eye Gel Cream under eyes. 

Apply Fresh Rose Face Cream to skin. 

Finish off with Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Lip Butter

PM Routine:

Remove makeup with Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm OR Simple Facial Cleansing Wipes

Use the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser to cleanse skin. 

Apply Fresh Rose Eye Gel Cream under eyes. 

Apply either Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask OR Ren Evercalm Overnight Recovery Balm

Apply Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (berry) to lips for hydration. 

Some of my favorite masks that I'll incorporate once or twice a week when needed:

1. Fresh Sugar Face Polish 

2. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask 

3. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask  

4. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask 

Other:

1. Skin Gym Rose Quartz Facial Roller

2. Sephora Collection 'Cleaning Me Softly' Facial Cleansing Brush

My skin is incredibly dry. All of my products must be extremely moisturizing or accompanied with a moisturizing product. I suffered with breakouts about four years ago and have finally found a routine that works with my skin. I normally only get one to two pimples during my period! Would definitely recommend all of these products. 

Skin type: Combo/sensitive 

AM routine:

Rinse with warm water

SKII facial essence 

Drunk Elephant C-Tango eye cream 

Drunk Elephant C-firma mixed with B-hydra serum.

Drunk Elephant Lala whipped moisturizer.

PM routine:

Drunk elephant beste jelly cleanser with Clarisonic or 2x per week Ole Henriksen walnut scrub.

Drunk Elephant Shaba eye serum and Kora organics noni eye oil.

Drunk Elephant TLC framboos serum mixed with marula oil.

Drunk Elephant protini moisturizer 

2 nights per week I wait an hour and also apply Drunk elephant a passioni mixed with b-hydra.

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Going outside: Clinique super city block. Wore makeup: Farmacy meltaway balm. ole henriksen clean truth sheet (if face doesnt feel super clean or just when face needs a cleanse). clarisonic with ceramic slip. Skincare routine: wash face with water. Jack black glycolic cleanser with kaolin clay (if skin oily). Guinot mask (if skin dull). sunday riley Good genes and/or luna retinol sleeping oil (x1-2 week). Bobbi Brown hydrating face cream & eye cream. Laniege lip sleeping mask.(Buying farmacy cleanser as full size will not be repurchasing cleansing cloths I have a bigger package and still working on it gonna try something new ) Oh tropical ance cream for break outs as needed!!

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

As of right now I first go in with Fresh Soy Clenaser. Really liking it. Then I go in with Son and Park’s Besuty Water as a toner. Then to put some hydration back into my face I use Caudalie’s Vinoperfect Essence. For my serums I’ve rotated with different brands but right now I’m using DERMAdoctor’s Picture Porefect. It helps clean out large pores instead of sitting on top of them. Then lastly I’ll go in with OleHenriksen’s C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme for my moisturizer 

Age - 28

Skin type - dry 

Current skin condition - fairly good with some hormonal breakouts remaining

02/28/19 - AM skincare in order of use

1. Rinse with water on a cotton round

2. CAUDALIE - Grape Water (love)

3. FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer(it's good, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase)

4. Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL(like, however, if I use a bit too much it tends to pill)

02/28/19 - PM skincare in order of use

1. Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL(love it for melting away makeup, I also like the Fresh Seaberry Cleansing Oil)

2. Glo Skin Beauty Purifying Gel Cleanser (love)

3. I alternate nights between Sunday Riley Luna Oil & Good Genes, and then La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo other nights. I've gone through so many products and those seem to work best for my skin.

4. For moisturizer, I use the Dr Jart Water Fuse Ultimate Hydro Gel. I like it because it's thin and gel textured, yet hydrates my skin well.

Once per week, I do a drunk elephant babyfacial mask.

General comments - My skin was quite good for most of my life, up until the past couple of years. I struggled with breakouts and most doctors & dermatologists told me I had rosacea. I followed their tips for dealing with rosacea and it had no effect. My current routine seems to be the most success I've had with my skin in 2 years. I believe Sunday Riley and Drunk Elephant babyfacial have made the biggest difference.

I was considering buying the smoothie primer, do you mind talking about why you wouldn't repurchase?

Hi everyone!

I'm in my mid-20s and have oily skin. I try to keep my skincare routine pretty simple. I have a handful of favorites that I like to rotate between each day, depending on how my skin is feeling.

AM Routine:

• Cleanser 
    • First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser 
    • First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay (holy grail cleanser for when I have breakouts and blemishes)
    • Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser 
    • Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar 
  • Exfoliation
    • Lancer Polish (2-3 times per week max)
  • Hydrating Toner
    • Fresh Rose Floral Toner
  • Moisturizer
    • Youth To The People - Superfood Air-Whip Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Cream
    • Origins - Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb
    • Kate Somerville - Wrinkle Warrior 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum

PM Routine:

It's actually quite similar to my AM routine, but I love adding The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil after cleansing and toning. This has truly transformed my skin, and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up sooner! 🙂

I also use a heavier moisturizer at night, such as the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Cream. I feel like this really helps to hydrate and balance out the mattifying products that I use in the daytime. 

Best,

Laurie

I'm in my late 20's and have oily/combination skin. My current skin condition is dry AF because I live in New England and our winter has been wreaking havoc on my skin. I just recently started making a skin routine for myself. I was using Proactiv for the last 13 years because I used to struggle with acne.

About 6 years ago, I didn't have that problem anymore but because I'm a creature of habit, I kept using it without realizing how much the harsh chemicals were making my skin worse. Below is a list of my current routine. I'm still researching and trying new products, but here are the top go-to's that have been working for me so far:

Morning routine

• Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner 
  • Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cannabis Oil OR Tula Probiotic Aqua Infusion Power Liquid Hydrating Serum. I switch off between the two. - Highly recommend both
  • Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
  • Apply makeup

Night routine

• Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup remover
  • Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser - highly recommend
  • Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream
  • Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Serum - highly recommend

@Mary092 I'd love to hear a little more about the FAB Cannabis Oil, if you don't mind sharing. How do you like it?

Not at all! I actually really enjoy it. The scent is lovely to start with, but the oil itself makes my skin feel so nourished and smooth. One of the biggest problems I have is getting dry patches around my nose and cheeks, but I think this made a huge difference in resolving that. This morning I almost didn't wear foundation because of how great my skin looked. It gives it that plump look and feel and it's great for sensitive skin (mine can be very sensitive to certain pollutions and products). I actually love my results with this more than the Tula Probiotic Hydrating serum but I still like to use that a couple times a week because it works miracles for other skin conditions I have (eczema sucks!). I love the Cannabis Oil a lot though and I'm starting to browse other products that contain it, along with CBD oils. I actually just ordered the CBD Oil from Skin Dope by Josie Maran. Sephora sells the Skin Dope with argan oil and hemp seed only due to regulation issues I'm sure. But I read CBD is twice as effective as Cannabis so I wanted to give that a try as well! 

Thanks for the review, @Mary092! I'm definitely intrigued. My skin tends toward oily/dehydrated, but during the winter it definitely needs added hydration and I love incorporating oils. This one just sounds like a really interesting one to try. I'll have to add to my list of possible purchases for the next sale!

Just really starting to get more into my skincare and so am a bit all over with products - trying new things and whatnot. Currently, this is what my routines look like.

Age - 33
Skin - Normal, maybe a slight touch on the oily side

- AM -
1.) Rinse face well with warm water. I don't usually use a cleanser in the morning - occasionally, but not normally.

2.) Skin&Co Truffle Therapy Toner

3.) Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
4.) Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream

5.) Moisturizer - currently trying to settle on a brand. Had purchased a jar of the Bliss Drench&Quench but am not liking it at all. Only using it now until the newest order I made online comes in.

-PM-
1.) If wearing makeup, remove with Garnier Micellar Water (the blue bottle that removed waterproof makeup)

2.) Cleanse with my MIA2 and Philosophy Purity cleanser.

3.) Skin&Co Truffle Therapy toner

4.) Either use Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum, or No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum - I switch these out day by day.

4.) Apply the Laneige Eye Sleeping Mask

5.) Moisturize 

....annnnd that's pretty much it. Now and then at night I'll use a mask and depending on if it's a peel off or sheet depends on where it falls in my night routine. Peel off/wash offs tend to go after my night cleanse and before the toner...Anything that is a wipe off/let remaining product soak in goes on after the moisturizer. 

My skincare routine is a simple three step routine that is working well for my skin and I haven't had many problems happening so far that I have to drastically change anything. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and a tendency to have dry patches. My skin is also slightly sensitive.

- First, for a facial wash, I use a facial bar soap that is made with real, natural Jamaican ingredients (and it is made in Jamaica so it's legit) that cleanses as well as help with breakouts and dry spots. I leave it on my face for up to three minutes and then I wash it off. It really helps to balance out my combination skin.

- After that, I will use either a charcoal blackhead pore strip (for my T-zone/oily nose) or a sheet mask depending on what day it is.

- Last but not least, I moisturize. I use a K-Beauty moisturizer to moisturize my face afterwards so that when I wake up in the morning my face is smooth and refreshed. My skin also feels extra plump and helps to prevent dry patches appearing on my skin.

It has been working for years, and I have tweaked a few things here and there to improve it. I want to get a lip mask to help my lips out during the cold season (I currently use Vaseline Lip Therapy on my lips at night but I need something stronger now) and I plan to get an electric facial brush for deep cleaning.

Late to the topic - but a great topic so I'll add  anyway.  Thanks OP!

Age 63;  Skin type: goes from oily T-zone (normal elsewhere) to super oily depending on season, I live in hot/humid climate. Oily definitions: Super oily = blotting 1 hr after applying makeup. Very Oily = blotting 3 hrs after applying makeup. Let's add very sensitive skin (prone to hives, rashes and irritation); fine crinkles around my eyes and smile lines around my mouth, starting 11 lines between brows.  Myth: "be thankful for oily skin, you won't get wrinkles".  Fact: oily skin does not prevent wrinkles; loss of collagen, elastin, repeated expressions, and gravity cause wrinkles. You just have oily skin and wrinkles lol.  I was a sun worshiper (I grew up in the 60s-70s) and battled acne from age 12 until 5 years ago.  Despite the onset of some wrinkles, my skin is in it's best shape ever.

AM Routine:

-cleanse with Skin Laundry Deep Cleanser - don't love - will be replacing it, researching for a pH balanced cleanser.  If my skin is irritated, I use Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cleanser (love)

-Paula's Choice 2% salcylic liquid (not the lotion) - love!

-Laniege water bank eye gel - don't love - similar to a cream, looking for a real gel

-Algenist Genius Vit C serum - love!

-Farmacy Green Clean Sunscreen. Love! It takes about 5 min to soak in but does not leave me with oily skin (yay)!! 

-I skip moisturizer, it only makes my oily skin worse.

PM Routine:

-remove makeup with Simple Micellar Water

-cleanse with Skin Laundry Deep Cleanser

-winter: spritz face with LaRoche Posay or Vichy Thermal Mineral water, let air dry; summer: Skin Laundry pH balanced toner

-Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide with zinc

-alternate one night with Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum (I worked up to this due to sensitivity; started out with Demarche Labs BioRewind Retinol, no longer available on Sephora), the next night with Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid (the best stuff invented for sensitive skin that can't tolerate daily glycolic acid).

-Timeless CoQ10 serum (has Matrixyl 3000 also)

-Timeless Matrixyl synthe 6

-Caudalie  Resveratrol Lift Hyaluronic Acid Eye Lifting Balm (using both day and night caused milia around my eyes).

Weekend exfoliation with Paula's Choice 10% Weekly Glycolic Acid treatment, followed by Vichy 89 Serum (no other products used on this night).

Midweek oil reducing mask: Laniege water clay mask - (the absolute best ever!) used with regular products.

The game changer for acne was Paula's choice 2% Salcylic acid; everything else was irritating and eliminating emollients (shea butter, mineral, vegetable and nut/plant oils, squalene, beeswax etc in products). 

Best skincare advice I've received:

-use sunscreen

-use skincare on your hands

-introduce new products one at a time (unless your skin is like iron)

-research ingredients

Worst skincare advice I've received:

-use an exfoliating pad/ brush / scrub (no! it can tear sensitive fragile skin or make normal skin irritated)

-oily skin needs moisture, use a moisturizer. No!  Moisture does not mean emollients - moisture means water - drink lots of it, hydrate from the inside out. Oily skin is caused by a combination of things, hormones, genetics, diet. Or use  a product that attracts and binds moisture such as sodium hyaluronate.

-natural ingredients are better for your skin.  Mine rashes and breaks out from botanical extracts and oils.

Other common ingredients that cause me sensitivity: avobenzone (sunscreen) or makeup with bismuth oxychloride. 

sorry this was so long!

Glad you pointed out that an oily skin does not prevent you from aging. My mother keeps thinking it was her oily skin that made her hardly have any wrinkles in her mid-fifties lol. LOL mom your genetics and good diet influenced that, not your oily skin 😂

love this thread! 32, combo sensitive, very little to no acne. i have hyper-pigmentation and i need my products to not have too many ingredients but still help my skin look even and feeling balanced  🙂  

here's what i use:

AM

• la roche-posay hydrating gentle cleanser
  • josh rosebrook hydrating accelerator face mist as a toner
  • nourish under-eye treatment balm
  • kiehl's ultra facial cream

PM

• jordan samuel after show treatment cleanser on a dry face, then i use a warm wash cloth to remove all the makeup & dirt from the day
  • second cleanse w. la roche-posay cleanser
  • josh rosebrook hydrating accelerator face mist
  • herbivore lapis balancing facial oil (i use the rollerball version to apply all over my face)
  • kiehl's ultra facial cream

i'm still looking for a gentle exfoliating cleanser and face lotion with SPF that doesn't leave a white cast & looks great under makeup. open to advice and suggestions xx

3 Replies
testing