Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I use the First Aid Ultra Repair Creme. 😊

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

This has got to be my favorite thread! @greenchilli

Rotate by seasons, though current #SOTD (haha skincare of the day) looks like:

AM ~ Feels like a secret green juice

Cleanse > youth to the people (YTTP) green tea cleanser

Treat > YTTP superfood eye cream (orbital bone only)

Hydrate > YTTP tripeptide vitamin C serum + YTTP kale moisturizer

Protect > Drunk Elephant SPF + fresh SPF lip

=Total time: 7 minutes

PM ~ Texture and Soothing like a Cire Trudon candle

Cleanse > 1. Shu Uemura anti/ox cleansing oil + 2. Eve Lom beauty balm

Treat > human + kind 3-in-1 eye cream (works great on my neck too!)

Hydrate > 1. pai rosehip bioregenerate oil + 2. The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid + 3. Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Cream

Soothe/Detox > Youth To The People Spirulina mask after cleansing and eye cream, but before hydrate step.

=Total time: 12 minutes

Yep! ❤️

LANCER! I was pretty hooked on the mario badescu enzyme cleanser and toner but I got lancer products and now im OBSESSED! In the morning I use fresh soy face cleanser and a mario badescu moisturizer because I like the SPF and then sometimes a glowy cream after like glamglow nude glow or MAc strobe cream on my cheekbones. At night I use LANCER polish then LANCER cleanse then sometimes LANCER nourish or my fresh lotus face cream. I use the fresh rose gel eye cream but I wouldn't buy it again because I'm not obsessed like I am with everything else I use. I use glamglow supermud once a week then follow with thirsty mud also by glamglow. I also sometimes use drunk elephant babyfacial and follow by marula oil in which case I don't use a moiturizer. I also use the BITE agave lip balm or the laniege lip mask every night and wake up with smooth lips every morning. OBSESED WITH SKIN CARE! My skin is clear and glowy and i highly recomend all of these products- especially the lancer bc my skin looked amazing after LITERALLY one use! olivia jade got me hooked!

Agh I was really wondering if Lancer was worth the hype and if I should take the plunge. This post got me like *buy buy buy*. 

Absolutely LOVE Lancer! It really should get more love.

@KatieBT@candacebt It looks like this thread doesn't show up on the main page when it's updated (and quite a few other of the older skincare threads), along with Dashing December Hauls Thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dashing-December-Hauls/m-p/3529349#M134284

Any idea why? Thank you! 🙂 

I have so many products and I switch them up depending on...

I have so many products and I switch them up depending on what I feel my skin is longing for but hands down the most important part of my skincare routine is keeping my pores clear, so exfoliating soap and my Clarisonic are my staples. Anything you put on your skin will have a better effect with clear pores, and you end up using less product with better results.

I changed my entire routine to the Laneige hydration samp...

I changed my entire routine to the Laneige hydration sample kit to test it out. I use the normal/dry foam cleanser, toner, their essence, their moistirizer, and the water mask at night. loving it so far, on day three and my skin looks improved

Love this thread!  I have dry/normal skin (used to be dry/combination with an oily t-zone, but the P50 took care of that!), and I'm in my late 20's.  

AM Routine

1. [No cleanse-- it tends to dry my skin out, and I shower every morning, so I pat it dry afterwards.]
  2. Toner: Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 is my #1 must have.
  3. Essence: right now I'm using the Neogen Real Ferment Micro Essence which I'm liking; previously I've used the SK II Facial Treatment Essence.
  4. Serum: Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is another staple for the past year or so.
  5. Moisturizer: Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench moisturizer.  While I'm open to others, I do really like the texture of it.  I'm on my second jar.
  6. Sunscreen: right now I'm using up the last of my Supergoop SPF 50 sunscreen, but it's a little greasy.  I prefer Glossier Invisible Shield.

PM Routine

1. Cleanse: I use Biologique Recherche Lait VIP O2 along with the Foreo Luna, both of which I love.  The Luna creates such a deep clean and the Lait is gentle but effective.
  2. Tone: Tammy Fender Rose Water, which annoys me because the pump is so crappy for the price point, but I love the product itself.  Very hydrating and smells divine.
  3. Essence: Neogen again.
  4. Serum: Estee Lauder Intensive Night Repair is something I've been using for about 3 weeks now.  Not a dramatic difference but I'm enjoying it.  Not sure if it'll become a re-purchase yet.
  5. Retinol: Shani Darden Retinol Reform, another product I love.  I'm on her subscription.  I use it 3-4 nights a week.
  6. Moisturizer: PTR again.

Weekly Rituals

I'm a maskaholic.  I use Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant twice a week, sometimes with the Masque VIP 02 mixed in or separately after.  I like to use Glamglow Super Mud maybe once a week or once every other week, followed immediately by a sheet mask.  Sheet masks are a nearly-nightly thing for me.  I subscribe to Facetory, which sends 7 different sheet masks a month.  Other favorites are SK II Facial Treatment sheet masks, the Dr. Jart sheet masks (especially the rubber ones), and then the ones I wish I didn't know about are Knesko's sheet masks which cost an arm and a leg but are totally divine.

@Lotus15 Hi there! Is the Neogen supposed to be kinda a dupe for the SKII? How do you like it and if you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase it? I'm looking to incorporate an essence into my routine and I want to know what good ones are out there at a reasonable cost. 

@xamalia  Hmm, I think that ingredients-wise, I have read that Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence is a better dupe for SK II.  That being said I really like the Neogen one-- it has no scent and I find it very hydrating and plumping.  I purchased it at Soko Glam, where it retails for $38.

Bump! 

My skin is combination and it is a true crazy combination - oily from my nostrils up and dry from nostrils to chin. I have some texture and hyperpigmentation but not nearly as much as when I first started paying attention to skincare a few months ago. I like simplicity so my regime reflects that.

AM:

10.0.06 Daily foaming cleanser. It's marketed towards teens but I love how gentle it is while still getting the gunk on my face.

Witch Hazel Toner. Again super gentle to get my face back in balance.

The Ordinary AHA Toner.

BHA COSRX Blackhead Power Liquid.

Philosophy Hope in a Jar SPF 30 Moisturizer

PM:

Coconut Oil

Bioré Charcoal Acne Cleanser. I actually don't like this stuff but I bought it and couldn't find the receipt to return it.

Witch Hazel.

Mario Bedascu Vitamin C serum

The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream

I have combination skin, and at the moment, winter is approaching (ugh) and my skin gets SUPER dry and irritated, especially with how windy it is where I live. I usually have oily skin on and around my nose with a little bit on my forehead, and dry skin on the contour of my cheekbones and chin. I also have dark circles and slight wrinkling from smiling and my eyes squinting.

I'm still working on my skincare routine, but this is what I have so far as an AM and PM routine with rotating facial masks:

AM: First Aid Beauty - Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay

Lush Cosmetics - Cup O' Coffee Face Mask (I alternate use every three or               four days)

Mario Badescu - Hyaluronic Eye Cream

Derma E - Radiant Glow Face Oil

Smashbox - Primer Water (if I'm going to apply makeup)

Soft Lips - Mint Lip Balm

PM: Neutrogena - Facial Makeup Removing Wipes

First Aid Beauty - Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay

Derma E - Microdermabrasion Scrub with Dead Sea Salt (Once a Week,                 usually Mondays)

Dr. Brandt - Poredermabrasion (Once a week, usually Fridays)

Feeling Beautiful - Dead Sea Minerals Anti-Stress Mask (only when I have               stress breakouts)  

Pomegranate Facial Revealing Peel-Off Mask (to revitalize         after using any clay mask)

GlamGlow - GravityMud Firming Treatment (once a week, usually Saturdays)

Mario Badescu - Rose Water Spray

Etude House - Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack (Korean beauty product)

Mario Badescu - Hyaluronic Eye Cream 

Like I said in the beginning, I'm still trying to figure out my skin routine to help balance everything out and deal with the acne scarring that I have. I'm totally open to any suggestions.

Anonymous Insider

AM routine:

1. Cleanser - Radical Hydrating Cleanser or CosRx Good Morning Low pH Cleanser, depending on how my skin feels 
  2. Toner/EssenceBe The Skin Power Botanical Toner (on my 3rd bottle), but 2-3x per week – Blithe Soothing & Healing Green Tea Splash Mask in place of this Toner/Essence step) -  these are 2 of my all time favorite skincare products
  3. Eye Cream - Pai Echium & Argan Eye Cream or, if my under eyes could use some brightening up, Origins Ginzing
  4. Serum - Eminence Organic Bright Skin Licorice Root Booster Serum (used as a spot treatment for hyperpigmentation, acne scars)
  5. Moisturizer - Blithe Chaga Tundra Pressed Serum (hybrid serum moisturizer) 
  6. SPF - IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Armour beauty fluid with SPF 50+

PM routine:

1. Micellar Water - to remove/break up makeup and sunblock – Bioderma
  2. Oil-based Cleanser – finishing up the last of Clinique Take the Day Off Balm (it’s my 4th jar) and will use either Botanic Farm Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet and The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil, depending on how my skin feels
  3. Water-based CleanserNeogen Green Tea Foam Cleanser  
  4. Exfoliating Toner (3-4x per week) – First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads
  5. Eye creamBelif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream
  6. Hydrating Toner/EssenceBe The Skin Power Botanical Toner
  7. SerumSkinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel (my skin loves this serum, my wallet? Not so much.  Will be comparing it to The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B% serum this winter.)
  8. Moisturizer - Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
  9. Sleeping Mask (1-2x per week or when my skin feels very dry) - Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Hope your weekend was fun/restful. PM skincare - 10/29/17

Hope your weekend was fun/restful. PM skincare - 10/29/17

Re: Hope your weekend was fun/restful. PM skincare - 10/29/17

How you like the Lotion P50 1970 so far?  How long have you been using it.

@cescaF I have been using P50 for a long time, maybe 3 ye...

@CescaF I have been using P50 for a long time, maybe 3 years. It is a staple in my acid toner rotation.

AM - Philosophy Purity Laneige toner (dry to normal) May coop raw sauce Laneige essence serum PTR water drench cream PM - amorepacific cleansing oil PTR Acne Wash Laneige toner (dry to norm Herbivore Phoenix oil or fresh sea berry oil belif moisture bomb or OH nurture me Treatments - Murad AHA BHA exfoliation Fresh Umbrian clay Dennis gross pads Farmacy honey mask Algenius bi phase oil peel

Hi everybody! BIC is a bit unwieldy, otherwise I would pa...

Hi everybody! BIC is a bit unwieldy, otherwise I would participate more often. Hope the weekend was relaxing for you all. Sunday night facial - 10/22/17 Skin type - oily, dehydrated sometimes Age - 42

testing