Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Age - 32

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - hydrated, youthful looking and soft

This is the routine I use every morning. I've been taking care of my skin since I was in high school. In my teenage years I would only wash my face with St.ives, then in my 20's I took care of my skin with Olay and Beauticontrol products and now that I'm in my 30's I take care of my skin with the products listed below. I don't look my age, I look way younger thanks to the good care I put into my skin from a very young age. I highly recommend starting using anti-aging products and good moisturizing creams in your early 20's because it's easier to prevent signs of aging than to treat them.

Hope you guys find this useful!

08/17/17 - AM skincare 

1. Aveeno positively radiant brightening cleanser or Cetaphil daily facial cleanser

2. Lancome tonique confort comforting rehydrating toner

3. Lancome advanced genifique serum

4. Lancome bienfait multi-vital

5. Clinique all about eyes

This is what I use every night. The first 3 products are the same ones I use every morning.

08/17/17 - PM skincare

1. Aveeno positively radiant brightening cleanser or Cetaphil daily facial cleanser

2. Lancome tonique confort comforting rehydrating toner

3. Lancome advanced genifique serum

4. Lancome bienfait multi-vital night

5. Lancome energie de vie the illuminating and anti fatigue cooling eye gel

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

-wash with dr bronners peppermint soap - tone with thayers cucumber witch hazel - Paula's choice 2% Bha liquid [let sit for 10mins] -may coop raw sauce -Sunday Riley Juno oil or UFO oil -clarins multi active day/night cream

Re: RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Does that soap make your face dry? I feel like my hands are super dry when I wash my brushes with Castile soap.

@Tyler7

AM - picture taken in the dark of early morning. Skin suffering from stress and hormones.

I'm a little jealous of those of you who have your true HG products. I am fickle! I have fallen in and out of love with the [very gentle] Mizon AHA/BHA several times.

Finally trying a sample of the Josh Rosebrook Advanced Hydration Mask. Mine had a gritty texture at first then melted into an oil that I removed with a steamy cloth. (Which was the wrong way, thanks Mochapj!)

A while ago I mentioned that I didn't love the Missha FTE as much as I expected. Trying to love it or at least finish I decanted it to a spray. Much more enjoyable for me! Results TBD. I do love the Eye Dew. But it's almost gone and I purchased something different to try next. Fickle!

@fairlywell so happy to see someone else with the same re...

@fairlywell so happy to see someone else with the same response to the Mizon. I swear I've started using it again so many times and been like wow! but then after a little while just like... so pointless lol

Re: @fairlywell so happy to see someone else with the same re...

@existincolor I think I'm not accustomed to the gentleness of some K-beauty products. It's a nice toner, but it doesn't seem to act like much as an acid!

@fairlywell just chiming in in case you try the Advanced Hydration Mask again - I believe you're supposed to remove it dry, not wet 🙂

@Mochapj I missed that! Thanks! I guess I undid all my masking, lol. 

Skin Type: normal to dry

Current Skin Condition: dull skin tone with a few acne scars.

AM/PM Routine

Cleanse - Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist

Peel - Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel (twice a week)

Mask - Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (twice a week)

1st Serum - Lancome Advanced Genifique Serum

2nd Serum - Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Firming Serum

Eye Cream - Lancome Energie de Vie Eye Gel

Moisturizer - Belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb 

Sunday AM skincare - 08/13/17 Age - 42 Skin - behaving 1....

Sunday AM skincare - 08/13/17 Age - 42 Skin - behaving 1. Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser 2. January Labs Daily Brightening toner 3. Jordan Samuel Hydrate serum 4. Farmacy Eye Dew 5. Vintners Daughter Botanical serum 6. Tata Harper Rebuilding moisturiser

LOVE this! I get this question SO many times! My AM skincare & makeup regimen is below! I am mid 30s with dry/sensitive skin. My main concerns are dullness and age prevention. 

xoxo

Amy 

1. Cleanse with Joanna Vargas miracle bar 

2. Tone with Amly silver toning mist 

3. Hydrate with Elemis pro-collagen marine cream - love the texture!

4. Laura Geller foundation mixed with Pixi illuminating tinted moisturizer 

5. Marc Jacobs concealer 

6. eco brow in rita 

7. Laura Geller Lash Boss Mascara 

8. Hourglass blush and highlighter 

9. Lipstick queen lipstick!

Hey guys! I got the Mahalo Bean Mask in the Beauty Heroes box this month so I decided to try it today. The instructions on the Mahalo website say to use it with Vitality Elixir and Rare Indigo Balm and since I have both I decided to do the whole shebang. My skin looks fine. Reading about the mask it sounds like I won't see instant results using it. For the Bean Mask lovers out there please share your experience with me.

@mrsbaine I enjoyed the Bean mask in the context of the full Mahalo 'Love+' routine from the kit I purchased back in February. I finished my pot some months back and have repurchased but haven't added it back into my routine yet since I needed to finish something first.

My experience with using it was that it was a) hydrating for my often dehydrated skin b) plumping c) lightly exfoliating due to containing small grains and d) with regular use it provided a subtle glow. I used it 2x/week for around 4 months and was able to see the first 3 results I mentioned fairly quickly, and the glow over time.

I don't think it is a miracle product but I enjoyed it much more than masks that promise similar results like JR Cacao Antioxidant and ML Problem Solver. HTH.

Thanks @Mochapj! This AM my skin looked slight plump but no glow. I found with Petal mask, repeated use also yielded slight results. I'll try it again mid week and see how it goes. I didn't notice my skin drying out afterward so that was good. 

@mrsbaine

Is that the TH Refreshing Cleanser?  The bottle isn't in English, wonder where it shipped from.

greenchilli wrote:

@mrsbaine

Is that the TH Refreshing Cleanser?  The bottle isn't in English, wonder where it shipped from.

Ha! I never noticed that! I got it fromTH direct.mthey and Detox Maket are the only places I can find it. 

AM.jpg

Skin Type: Acne Prone, Aging, Combination/Dry.

Since I am using 0.1% Retin-A every other evening, my skin has the tendency to get a  little dry. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is apply GlamGlow Thirsty Mud (or another hydrating mask) on my face for 20-30 mins while I'm making breakfast etc. 

Then I use the following: 

1) Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

2) Tatcha Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

3) Dr. Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Peel (Wait 15 mins before applying next layer)

4) SK-II Essence

5) Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (Wait 10 mins before next step)

6) Replenix Green Tea Cream

7) Image Intense Lightening Serum 

😎 Cerave PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion (the AM version pills with all the layers of serum I put on my face).

9) Shiseido Sunscreen

That SK-II bottle is huge 🙊 you have a gorgeous lineup!

Thank you! I ordered it online from Costco. I had no idea that Costco had skincare products but they carry Sisley, SK-II, Kate Somerville, Shiseido, Tatcha, Clarins, etc. 

Friday night skincare - 08/04/17

Age - 42

Skin - we are on speaking terms.

PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Moringa Cleanser

2. Biologique P50 PIGM

3. Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator

4. Jordan Samuel Retinoil

5. DDG Retinol+ Ferulic eye cream.

9 out of 10 puppies approve.  I recommend all of it.

Ola!

A mini review of the Jordan Samuel Line.

- Plie Cleanser :  A definite love.  I like it enough to remove makeup as well as to use as an AM cleanser.

- Face oil:  Hydating and matte.  When I used it, I didn't wear makeup afterwards, so can't say yet how it works with that.  But I liked it.

- Retinoil: love this!  Gentle, hydrating.  You don't need an additional moisturiser over this.

- Hydrating serum:  I used this only a couple of times, but it is quite nice.

This is a perfect little line  Not very spendy, well made products, and I think a fairly complete set.

1 Reply
testing