Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Has anyone tried the Clinique City Block SPF and/or the Clinique Mineral Sunscreen for Face? Thoughts? Which do you like better?

As I've been trying to use products that are in my stash, I've been replacing serums/toners/lotions as they run out with new ones, I'll mark the non-permanent ones with a *.

combo/acne prone skin

AM:

1. Tata harper purifying cleanser

2. Erborian yuza double lotion (love the smell of this) *

3. Herbivore balancing toner spray

4. Sunday Riley CEO serum *

5. Sunday Riley UFO oil

6. DML moisturizing lotion w/ Odacite Bl+C

PM:

0. Nude cleansing jelly if wearing makeup

1. Tata harper purifying cleanser

2. Erborian yuza double lotion (love the smell of this) *

3. Herbivore balancing toner spray

4. Sunday Riley Luna Oil

5. Sunday Riley Good Genes

6. DML moisturizing lotion w/ Odacite Bl+C

i didn't wear any makeup today, and was inside laying low for *most* of the day. skin is currently happy but i wanted to focus on giving it a bit of hydration and comfort. and then a little push with the SR gg...

a.m.

REN evercalm cleansing milk

AVEDA botanical kinetics exfoliant (BHA)

SKIN LAUNDRY hydrating sheet mask

PTR rose stem cell bio repair cream

p.m.

swipe of SHISEIDO eudermine lotion toner

SUNDAY RILEY good genes

KIEHLS midnight recovery eye cream

CLARINS blue orchid oil

PTR rose stem cell bio repair cream

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

PM. This combo was 👌. The Evolve Melt really needs a hot washcloth to remove. It smells like vanilla and baobab - so soothing! The Marble & Milkweed clay cleanser smells and feels like honey. Perfect prep for a Honey Mud mask.

Skin type: Combination, prone to redness

AM Skincare in order used:

1. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (with Clarisonic Mia)
  2. Kiehl's Ultra facial toner
  3. May Coop Raw Sauce
  4. Perricone MD Brightening Eye Cream
  5. Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 

PM Skincare in order used:

1. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (with Clarisonic Mia)
  2. Son & Park Beauty Water
  3. Sunday Riley U.F.O OR Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil 
  4. Sunday Riley Good Genes OR First Aid Beauty Ultra Repaid Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream OR Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask 

Welcome @tani1990! In my twenties I used a Clarisonic too, and it wasn't until I stopped that I realized it was causing some redness. (Not to scare you but it took about six months after I stopped before my skin stopped being mad at me!) Even if your skin tolerates the scrubbing, 2x a day is an intense amount of physical exfoliation.

Age 31/ dry thirst craving skin. Mine's a mixture from both Sephora items and outside. I used to have oily-combi skin but after immigrating to dry Cali area my skin turned super dehydrated. I tried tonnes of brands as well as Intraceutical Oxygen rejuvenation spas but this is what I settled down on for the past 3 years and happy with. For treatments/blackhead control/resurfacing-- 1. Clarisonic Mia2 with La Prairie cleanser [shiseido's nice too] 2. Alternating between Glamglow Youthmud | Supermud | or Dr. Dennis Gross Daily peel once per week 3. Finish off treatment with Dr. Jart hydrating mask and jump right to skincare + Glamglow Gravitymud [I found that this complements makeup] 4. At night when I feel like it I either use Sunday Railey Luna oil or Good Genes with La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe cream. For Moisturizing -- 1. Once treated/cleansed I use Lancome pink toner. 2. Next comes La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence in Lotion. This adds to hydration and synergizes following skincare. 3. Next is La Prairie anti-aging Rapid Response Booster. It's a hyaluronic solution. I tried a lot of HA serums from diverse brands but by far I found this the best. 4. Next is La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream. At night time I sometimes mix with either Clarins Booster or Blue Orchid oil. I used Clarins products in my@late 10s and early to mid 20s and loved them. I still love them but in terms of hydration and texture I find La Prairie much better. 5. I sometimes use Sunday Riley products before sleep. They do a good job as advertised for Retinol and AHA treatment. 6. Once skincare's done I use Chanel makeup base and La Prairie foundation. I also used many brands of foundations and found La Prairie excellent for texture/coverage/hydration/lightness/least oxidation. The only downside is that it's hard to match my tone so I mix two colors. I highly recommend for normal and dry skin but it's NOT for oily skins.

Re: RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

@hmmmq How/when do you incorporate the Nuface device? I have one and I end up using mine mainly in the evening for the sake of time, usually with a water-based gel or serum. 

Re: RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I do it right after the hydration mask (sheet mask) while my skin still has essence from the mask until dry 🙂

I found that I don't need to use the nuface gel, and by using the leftover essence from the mask I don't have to bother washing my face again.  

I only use it like once or twice a week with the treatments though, other times I skip right over to my normal skincare.

Hope this helps!

Skin Type: Combonation

Current Situation: normal cheeks, but nose and chin areas seem to be more oily and forehead more dry and a little texture around my face as well.

Current Routine:

AM:

Cleanser: Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil with Clarisonic Mia 2

Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk

PM:

Cleanser: Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil with Clarisonic Mia 2

Oil: Josie Maran Argan Oil or Korres Wild Rose Oil

Serum: Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk

Moisturizer: FAB Ultra Repair Cream

I just recently started to use the Clarisonic for the first time and noticed a difference after the first use! My skin became so soft and smooth. I'm also on the hunt for a good eye cream that will not make a hole in my wallet. 

For masks I go between the Origins Rose Clay mask and the Overnight Hydration Mask depending on how my skin is. I've recently purchased Tatcha The Water Cream, Tatcha Plumping Essence, Josie Maran Hydration and Detoxifying Mask, IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream and repurchased the Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk. So I have yet to try out some new things. I recently watched Dulce Candy's video and she has combo skin as well and uses the Josie Maran products and IT Cosmetics, so I cannot wait to try these out!

my skincare routine (in order of use): 

- COSRX low pH good morning cleanser

- Lush breath of fresh air toner

- Innisfree green tea moisture essence 

- Nivea rich moisturizing day cream

- Innisfree daily UV protection cream cream 

IMG_5734.JPG

Today seemed like a good day to try a hot cloth cleanse - thanks for the explanation @greenchilli! Makeup and sunscreen removed with the Evolve Melt first.

Anonymous Insider

Yay! I finally found this thread!  Today was super simple. AMIMG_1253.JPG

bumping and tagging @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so so much!

Last night routineLast night routine

Summertime is fun. I am able to test out new products or deluxe samples:) Not a related topic, the new platform makes me feel like I'm computer illiterated 😞 So hard to post using mobile... always something wonky about it

My night routine couple nights backMy night routine couple nights back

Nice post. Here is mine. I am 28 and have a combo skin with cystic acne which I am trying my best to control. AM routine- Clauidle foaming cleanser followed by First Aid Beauty exfoliating pads. I then apply the tatcha hydrating eye serum around my eyes and the ordinarys salicylic acid on my acne areas. I then apply Azelic acid on my face followed by neutrogena toner corrector with SPF with retinol. I use Vaseline for my lips.

Hi everyone!

I can't wait for the forum to settle down and get streamlined so we can get back to sharing regularly.  I have been a bit negligent myself.  

Anyway new skincare to share:  I picked up the Jordan Samuel collection and am testing out the products.  I used a couple of them and am very impressed.  

PM skincare - 07/22/17

Age - 42, going on 41.

Skin - happy

20170722 PM (Large).jpg

1. Jordan Samul Plie cleanser - Remind me of Oskia Renaissance gel cleanser.  They are both gel to oil, and I could use them for AM or PM cleanser in a pinch.  I wear light makeup, so this would be versatile fo rme.  Smells wonderful, lovely to massage, cleans up nicely.  No dryness.

2. Biloguqe P50.

3. Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator - just to knock back the post P50 effect.

4. Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic+Retinol eye cream - a staple

5. Jordan Samuel Retinol treatment oil - I have used retinoils before that were underwhelming.  Either I reacted poorly or the product just didn't impress me.  I quite like this.  It is treatment and moisturiser in one.  Gentle enough for most.  It absorbed nicely, skin felt comfortable, and I didn't top it off with any other moisturiser.  I like it a lot.

I am enjoying this line a lot - effective and fuss free.  

@greenchilli Do you use a cloth with the Plie? I really like gel to oil cleansers, but so far I've stuck with ones that emulsify clean.

fairlywell wrote:

@greenchilli Do you use a cloth with the Plie? I really like gel to oil cleansers, but so far I've stuck with ones that emulsify clean.

@fairlywell

I always use a hot washcloth - with all my cleansers.  Even those that are designed to emulsify, I don't emulsify.

I feel a better cleanse with a cloth, the heat from the cloth opens up my skin (I linger like it were a compress sometimes), and if I wanted to purge any clogged pores, the warm cloth makes skin softer and loosens things up.

I have a closet full of washcloths.  

testing