Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I am trying to revamp my skincare routine so I dropped it down to very basic around a week ago. With a goal to introduce a new product very 7-10 days given that nothing bothers my skin and things keep going smoothly.

Here is what I a, typically using for around a week now (Other than masks and weekly peel/PMD)

IMG_6848.JPGIMG_6847.JPG

I changed my technique of using Odacite serums as well. Previously I was mixing 1-2 drops of each in my palm and massaging into the damp skin.

Now I am using them on targeted areas. Again on damp skin I drip 1 drop of Jo+L serum on my nose and spread it towards my cheeks as nose and apples of cheek are the only areas which have visible pores. 

Then I take 2 drops of Pa+G and massage it onto the areas of hyperpigmentation first and then spread it towards rest of the face.

Lastly I add 2 drops of CaR in my moisturizer and apply it all over my face and Mack.

I am very happy how it is working. My skin is completely clear of all red & dry patches I developed lately. It feels Radiant and soft.

I like your explanation of how you use the Odacite, I've been interested in some of those but not sure where to fit in my routines. The targeted approach is a good idea!

Hi guys! So I need some recommendations if anyone has them.

i have some stubborn acne scars/hyperpigmentation that  don't seem to fade with my current routine.

Right now I'm using good genes during the day and DE framboos night serum/SR Luna oil at night.  Does any  have any experiments with spot treatment for stubborn dark marks? I'm thinking I need something just for them to spot treat.

many thanks!

@unfungirl

Vit C, Retinol, exfoliation, and most importantly Time.

I wish I could tell you that this will fix it quickly, but I can at least say it will speed it up.  Pigmentation can be a bit stubborn in some folks, take me for instance.  But this helps.

I do have a couple of things to suggest though.   I am not a fan of Good Genes daily usage, or daytime usage.    I suggest switching up your acid exfoliants.  During the day, try FAB Radiance pads or Pixi Glow tonic.  They are gentle, and you can rotate them.  At night you can switch up between DE and GG.

Odacite Pa+G, Summer in Hossegor, DE Vit C serum, Hylamide Vit C....they are all well liked products that can speed up the process of fading spots.

@greenchilli  thanks so much for the advice! i am trying to be patient, which is not my best quality haha.

i am using the glow tonic now, i just got  it and love it! i've used the FAB pads and like those too.

DE c-firma broke me out terribly, but i think i'm going to buy the odacite p+g! 

many thanks for the great advice (again) 🙂

I have a wildcard for you - I have been loving Eleven Huesday De-Spot Luminosity. I have one recent/stubborn PIH spot that is fading nicely with daily AM treatments. 

thanks @fairlywell! that looks awesome!

Rosehip oil is supposed to be very effective!

thanks @Gwenhwyfar! i've heard that actually, so will have to do some more investigating 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@unfungirl

Hey! Vitamin C would be a great addition to your routine to target hyperpigmentation. I use retinols at night and my vitamin c in the morning. There are so many other benefits to it as well. The best I've found is Timeless Vitamin C + E + Ferulic Acid which has been duped for Skin Ceuticals. A bottle usually lasts me around 3 mths before it goes bad. 

@Anonymous hi! thanks so much for the recommendation!

i've been looking for a good vitamin c serum! i've tried a few but so far no luck. i will check out the timeless! 🙂

i swear this was not intentional. i noticed it when doing the oil and then gathered all the things.

the pink routine, 5/16/17:

this is my p.m. routine. i did my night routine at 3:30 in the afternoon ! but i got home from work early, and i am donnnnnne. tonight before sleeping i'll spritz and apply a bit of oil and moisturizer.

pinkdrank.jpg

CLINIQUE ttdo balm

NUDE omega jelly

PIXI glow tonic

ANDALOU NATURALS 1000 roses spritze

CLINIQUE moisture surge hydrating concentrate serum

LAURA MERCIER flawless skin infusion de rose nourishing oil

PETER THOMAS ROTH bio repair rose stem cell cream

@jemly I picked up a sample of that PTR Rose mask today, and I used it after exfoliating tonight. My skin drank it right up! Thanks for the recommendation!

@jemly How is the Clinique serum? Is it really hydrating? Does it do anything for you?

The color coordination is soothing and pretty. I'm sure your skin is happy too. 🙂

@Gwenhwyfar IT IS !! i can't wait until this month's favorites thread so i can talk about just how much i'm loving this PTR cream.

I haven't done my PM skincare yet.  I pulled my oils together (not all oily things, but most of the oils I could lay my hands on).

20170515_Oils (Large).jpg

I decided to use some of my forgotten (underwhelmed perhaps) oils over the next few days.  Not daily, so my skin doesn't go mental if it doesn't like something.

So tonight, I will use the Darphin.  It has been ages since I used it.  I love the scent and texture, but I don't remember being blown over the first go around.  I sometimes have a change of heart when I revisit.  Lets see if I do now.

If my face falls off, avenge my death.

@greenchilli

I was just browsing on the Caudalie website and saw that they discontinued their Polyphenol C15 line and replaced it with a new VineActive line. The dry oil looks really nice...

http://www.sephora.com/vine-activ-overnight-detox-oil-P417122?skuId=1931724

So - my present self didn't learn a lesson from my past self. @jemly

Now I know why I haven't used the Darphin oil much more.  I didn't notice it when I first awoke today, but I have a small spot of irritation between my brows.

Darphin gets relegated to aromatherapy and neck use for now.  The scent is incredible.....so I want it near my face, just not on my face.

This is the reason I'm hesitant to use the Darphin sampler I have @greenchilli! The ones I have strike me more as aromatherapy oils rather than good facial oils...I'm concerned about irritation!

@k617

Your experience may not be similar to mine - since this 8 Elixir is meant for the face.  But definitely proceed with caution.  Good luck!

It is wonderful aromatherapy though....for me.

testing