Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Have you tried the most overlooked ingredient.. SULFUR? Sulfur is a natural Anti Bacterial and Anti Fungal property, making it Earth's oldest Acne cure! After trying every ingredient you can name my Dermatologist recommended Sulfur by Joesoef Skin Care to be the most effective and highest quality Sulfur based product line in the market. Sulfur really had a positive affect on my complexion, reducing the redness, acne and clogged pores in a matter of days. Try Joesoef Skin Care 4 Step Acne facial kit. You'll see the results! I hope this helps. <3

antiacne_kit_large1.jpg

You can go now...

@dalidyli,

Do you sense that we have experienced a commercial message?

@tsavorite

Haha Just a bit. 

@dalidyli,

This was cross-posted in 3 Threads on BT.  One post has a video about this product line. 

Oh geez I didn't see those. @tsavorite

Think what you like, it works for me! Smiley Happy)

Sunday morning mini facial/skincare

Age - 42

Skin - present

20170430_AM (Large).jpg

1. Pixi Glow mud cleanser - used a quick cleanser/mask

2. Ilsci Apricot Gel mask 

3. Leahlani Champagne serum - I am testing this.  I have used it once before I think (I think I felt blah).  

I pumped out a bit much (directed to use just a drop).  It is a thick serum.  It is supposed to balance, calm, and hydrate.  It feels very hydrating going on, but I'm not sure if that is lasting.   I almost feel it a bit "silicony", not sure why.  And it isn't absorbing completely (perhaps because I used a bit much) into my skin.   I need to use this a couple more times to see if I like it. 

4. Farmacy Eye Dew - this is a good eye cream for me, but not a great eye cream.  For the price point, I really like this.

5. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil - when trying new skincare, or just for the heck of it....I top off with Aurelia.  

My face feels a bit tight, in a dehydrated way.  hmmm...

Update - within an hour after the morning facial yesterday, I wiped the Leahlani serum off my face.  The serum sat on top of my skin, and the Aurelia oil sat on top of that.  Nothing seemed to really absorb into my skin.

After wiping off with tissue, I spritzed some mist and massaged in some Aurelia.  Face felt much more comfortable after.

Leahlani serum isn't for me.

Thanks for the update @greenchilli. I've had that serum in and out of my cart for a while. 

My Uma Clarifying Oil came today and I just gave it a patch test - whew is it strong! Bug repellent in a pinch! Fingers crossed that it diminishes the next round of unhappy skin issues.

@fairlywell

Bug repellent?  Nooooo!  I think the Clarifying oil smells divine!  :-)

But then again, I grew up in spice country and the smell of strong incense and cloves in not unusual.

I absolutely love this oil - and all the others I have tried from UMA (ALL of them).  Between this and Aurelia, my skin has benefited for sure.  

@greenchilli It's the tea tree! Reminds me of my crunchy granola mom's homemade bug repellant. It's not bad, just right out in front. And the clove/juniper notes are really very nice. 

Speaking of Aurelia, the same shipment had the Aurelia dry body oil. I think I'm going to like it a lot - smells to me just like the face night oil!

@fairlywell

Enjoy the Aurelia body oil!  I don't plan a purchase until later this year, but it will include the body oil for sure.

Hi guys!

So I decided to structure my routine this Sunday to showcase the products that are in the upcoming Cult Beauty x Caroline Box.  

More details here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Beauty-Gift-Bag-Enthusiasts-Information-Photos-and/td-p/235800...

Also in spoiler:

Spoiler
1. Pixi Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse - this is the only product I have not yet tried.  But it is a no brainer on my "well worth trying" products.  

2. Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta peel pads - these are my one true love.  I use the extra strength version more frequently these days, but the original ones are the gold standard.  I will use the pads in my PM routine today.

3. Indie Lee CoQ toner - used below. 

4. Zelens Vitamin D drops - will use these in my PM routine today.  I am getting my brows/mustache threaded today....will be a good time to use this.

5. January labs Moisture balancing lotion - used below.

6. Tata Harper Restorative eye cream - This is my HG eye cream.  I use it during the day mostly, but it can be used AM and PM.   I have often recommended it here.  I didn't restock after my last empty because I had a small pile of other "good" creams to use up.  But it is time for me to get this back...

AM skincare - 05/07/17

Age - 42

Skin type - oily (and often dehydrated)

Condition - doing well

20170507_AM (Large).jpg

1. Ren Evercalm cleansing milk

2. Pixi Glow Tonic

3. Indie Lee CoQ toner - I like this, but it isn't necessary in my routine.  If you are using lighter moisturising products, or have used a stronger acid - this can be quite nice.  It takes the edge off the acid, and can be a nice base layer for another hydrating product.

4. January Labs Balancing lotion - It has been a while since I used this.  I believe I first tried it when it was much cooler, I was a bit meh.  But I like it much better today.  It is light and non greasy.  I think oily skins will quite like this.  If your skin is dry, I would combine it with an oil or layer it with an oily serum (like Zelens Vit D - see spoiler).  

Random note - Although my skin is oily, I incorporate a little oil (even just 2 drops) in my AM and PM routine almost daily.  

5. Farmacy Eye Dew - this is a nice eye cream.  It is "good", but not "great" on me.  My favourite is the Tata Harper Restorative Eye cream which I have repurchased many times.  It is also in the Cult Box.  I didn't repurchase after I ran out the last time because I wanted to get through some of my other eye products that were piling up.

@greenchilli Thanks for this helpful post! I wonder if you'll buy the cult beauty box x CH? Do you think it's worth it? 

@lauriebos

I think the Cult Box is entirely worth it - IF you will find these products useful in your routine. The box contains some of my HG products, and others I quite like. 

I am not sure yet if I plan to get it, for 2 reasons.

1.  My Zelens Vit D bottle still has a lot of product in it, and I don't go through it quickly.  It is very beneficial for stressed out skin, but if you have normal healthy skin (and have a pretty robust skincare regimen)  - you may not find you need such a spendy product daily.  Hence I go through it slowly.  So I'm not sure I want a full bottle as a back up...it will be a while before I get to it.

2. The Indie Lee toner - I have a lot of product still left.  This product is actually the most "take it or leave it" of the box.  It is nice and all, but not necessary in my routine (I have other hydrating spritzes that I love).  

In this box the discount is good, and I won't be wasting any of the products, but I might have to store a couple for a while.  Dunno.

@greenchilli Thanks a lot! I will probably try it as I do not have any of those products and I'm very curious about the Tata eye cream.

Totally agree with @greenchilli comments @lauriebos but wanted to add that the vit D drops are excellent paired with very active serums if you have more sensitive skin. I mix the D with the zelens intense defense antioxidant serum or retinol which my skin couldn't tolerate otherwise. I am just about to open my fourth bottle since it came out last year. 

Thanks @lipstick4soul I think it will help as I use retinols 1-2 times a week and get good results but more than that, my skin over react . I'll try it to see if it helps to upgrade a little more. This box is the best way to try it and see how I like it. 

my skin is the best it's been in a while (ever ?). bouncy, totally clear, even. all the things ! i frankly didn't realize that my skin was needing a bit of help until i made a few minor changes and now see the difference. the main change i made, obviously, was the introduction of the PTR rose stem cell cream (both a.m. and p.m.). but i've also cut out most other oils other than the ones i know my skin loves, and i've been rotating hydration serums with just about every use rather than using the same one every day (i'm not sure how much of a difference this makes but i'd be remiss to not mention it). 

6/6/17 p.m.

CLINIQUE ttdo balm cleanser

NUDE omega jelly cleanser

PIXI glow tonic

ALAFFIA coconut papaya spritz (i love the content of this spritz, but after only about a week of use the spritz hole is clogged or something and it comes out all weird now. i've tried to unblock it with no success. i now spritz it onto a cotton pad and swipe across my face)

MURAD hydro dynamic quenching essence serum

KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream

LAURA MERCIER infusion de rose facial oil (when i discovered this oil last autumn, i scoffed at the price as i did not think the ingredients--main oils of safflower and vegetable oil ?!--justified the hefty tag. but my skin loves it. loves. so THAT justifies the price to me, and i intend to keep this in rotation.

PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell cream

6/7/17 a.m.

JORDAN SAMUEL plié cleanser

SHISEIDO eudermine revitalizing essence (been using this more regularly, and i think i have definitely seen a correlation with regular use of this with my skin maintaining moisture better)

CLINIQUE moisture surge supercharged concentrate serum (loving this one so far; very light weight)

CLARINS total repair eye cream

PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell cream

A coconut papaya spritz sounds delightful!