Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

helllllo. 5/2/17

current skin condition: recovering from a hormonal breakout on my chin (and only the right side!). i managed to forgo any sort of hormonal breakout the past few months, so it was almost as if i were due (based on the location and look of the spots, i'm confident this was entirely hormonal and not a failure of skincare; sometimes things are just gonna do what they're gonna do). when i do experience hormonal breakouts--a few times a year--i typically get one or two spots--maybe one particularly deep and angry. this time there were quite a few spots (4 ?), all clustered together, but much more superficial and smaller. i only mention this because while this is not a typical breakout for me, it was a very textbook hormonal....incident. ANYWAY, tmi perhaps, but most of it is gone already with the remnants of a bit of discoloration and dead skin.

a.m.

JORDAN SAMUEL plié cleanser

VICHY aqualia thermal serum

ORGINS ginzing eye cream

LAURA MERCIER infusion de rose oil (just one drop concentrated around the recovering area; i find this really helps)

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating moisturizer 

p.m. a mini facial:

CLINIQUE take the day off balm

JORDAN SAMUEL plié cleanser

REN glycolactic radiance renewal mask (10 min)

PETER THOMAS ROTH bio repair rose stem cell mask (1 1/2 hours)

ANDALOU NATURALS 1000 roses spritz

VICHY aqualia thermal serum

KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream

CLARINS blue orchid oil

PETER THOMAS ROTH bio repair rose stem cell precious cream (i think i really like this, i did not use it at all when i could tell i had a hormonal storm on the horizon as i wanted to stick to things that were already tried and true. first impression is good though)

Sunday morning mini facial/skincare

Age - 42

Skin - present

20170430_AM (Large).jpg

1. Pixi Glow mud cleanser - used a quick cleanser/mask

2. Ilsci Apricot Gel mask 

3. Leahlani Champagne serum - I am testing this.  I have used it once before I think (I think I felt blah).  

I pumped out a bit much (directed to use just a drop).  It is a thick serum.  It is supposed to balance, calm, and hydrate.  It feels very hydrating going on, but I'm not sure if that is lasting.   I almost feel it a bit "silicony", not sure why.  And it isn't absorbing completely (perhaps because I used a bit much) into my skin.   I need to use this a couple more times to see if I like it. 

4. Farmacy Eye Dew - this is a good eye cream for me, but not a great eye cream.  For the price point, I really like this.

5. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil - when trying new skincare, or just for the heck of it....I top off with Aurelia.  

My face feels a bit tight, in a dehydrated way.  hmmm...

Update - within an hour after the morning facial yesterday, I wiped the Leahlani serum off my face.  The serum sat on top of my skin, and the Aurelia oil sat on top of that.  Nothing seemed to really absorb into my skin.

After wiping off with tissue, I spritzed some mist and massaged in some Aurelia.  Face felt much more comfortable after.

Leahlani serum isn't for me.

Thanks for the update @greenchilli. I've had that serum in and out of my cart for a while. 

My Uma Clarifying Oil came today and I just gave it a patch test - whew is it strong! Bug repellent in a pinch! Fingers crossed that it diminishes the next round of unhappy skin issues.

@fairlywell

Bug repellent?  Nooooo!  I think the Clarifying oil smells divine!  🙂

But then again, I grew up in spice country and the smell of strong incense and cloves in not unusual.

I absolutely love this oil - and all the others I have tried from UMA (ALL of them).  Between this and Aurelia, my skin has benefited for sure.  

@greenchilli It's the tea tree! Reminds me of my crunchy granola mom's homemade bug repellant. It's not bad, just right out in front. And the clove/juniper notes are really very nice. 

Speaking of Aurelia, the same shipment had the Aurelia dry body oil. I think I'm going to like it a lot - smells to me just like the face night oil!

@fairlywell

Enjoy the Aurelia body oil!  I don't plan a purchase until later this year, but it will include the body oil for sure.

Anonymous Insider

No makeup or sunscreen today and testing out the Uma brightening mask. 

IMG_5159.JPG

04/29 AM

current condition: oily skin, but feeling jussssst right 

IMG_0436.JPG

• Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser (trying out a DS for kicks and giggles to compare to the purifying version)
  • Tata Harper Purifying Mask (1 hr)
  • Blithe Nourishing Bean Essence
  • YTTP really long name serum
  • Alpha H Vitamin B Copper Peptides
  • Odacite Summer In Hossegor, C for Colette blended
  • Farmacy Eye Dew
Anonymous Insider

How are you liking YTTP super long name serum? @Mochapj

@Anonymous I've been using it daily AM since January.

It's been a nice (non-reactive) serum for me, but I struggle to tell when 'anti-aging' or wrinkle prevention products are working, TBH.

As @greenchilli has said to me in the past, if it's keeping up the status quo, it's not doing anything wrong 😄

I'm really enjoying the Purifying Mask layered on top of the Resurfacing mask. I don't do it "all over", but the Tzone for sure and any problem areas. I like the tingle and my skin looks amazing afterward. 

Does the Purifying mask have exfoliating granules in it? 

@mrsbaine no, the Purifying Mask doesn't contain any exfoliating granules.  

Anonymous Insider

PM

Layered the purifying mask over the Resurfacing mask💚

IMG_5139.JPG

I have been so curious about the Tata Harper masks. How do you think the purifying mask compares to May Lindstrom Problem Solver? @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

@ashlynaf

You got some great advice from @mrsbaine and @Mochapj 

The purifying is more gentle on my skin and doesn't have the manual exfoliation like PS does. Like MrsBaine,  I prefer to mix my PS with honey mud and gently remove it. 

A good cost alternative is the Pixi glow mud mask. It's hydrating and gentle for a mud mask and I love it.  

@ashlynaf I know this wasn't directed at me but I have used both and perhaps can offer insight.

i love both of these products and keep them on hand but I use them for very different situations. The TH is gentler, more of a soothing mud mask, if you will. I use it for regular weekly maintenance of my oily skin because is is soft, cooling and not drying.

The ML is more potent, coarser and also provides exfoliation. I have used it for maintenance in the past but I find it works best for me when i feel skin issues coming on.  Because it has some irritating spices in it (cinnamon, cayenne) it can cause issues for more sensitive types. I find when I'm dehydrated it almost burns but when my skin is in a decent state it's barely a tingle. I've heard anecdotally that it tingles more if you're in the middle of your 'cycle' 

hope that helps.

@Mochapj Thank you for taking the time to type that up! It is extremely helpful. I have the ML and I agree with what you said regarding the tingle/burn (my skin is dry). I was using it for maintenance, but I am looking for something less irritating for those purposes now. I will definitely keep the purifying mask on my "to buy" list.

You got some great advice from @Mochapj! She is our resident ML expert! She turned me on to the brand! I also have dry skin and I have really enjoyed mixing Problem Solver with Honey Mud. I use that mix once a week and it works to keep my skin looking really nice and helps with texture. I don't like Honey Mud on it's on too much. I also agree with MPJ about Purifying vs PS.  I use both once a week, (different day; Sunday for PS and Wednesday for Purifying) and the cocktail has been helpful for my skin in general. 

@ashlynaf no problem!  I just finished up my 3rd (possibly 4th?) jar of the Purifying mask this morning, so I'm definitely a fan, LOL.

It's pricy but I keep tabs on how long a jar lasts me and I get between 14-17 applications from it, so I don't feel so bad about the cost/use.  I also try to pick it up when Sephora or Detox Market have a sale.

I love a good mud mask and I had found my HG one (Nude Purify Mousse) but then NUDE disappeared from North American distributors and I had to find a replacement.  For me, the TH is it 🙂

Skin: Combination, tends to be more on the drier side

AM Routine:

1. Julep What Your Skin Needs Restorative Facial Milk

2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration

PM Routine:

1. Julep Love Your Bare Face Hydrating Cleansing Oil

2. Exfoliate with Kaolin Konjac Sponge

3. Julep What Your Skin Needs Restorative Facial Milk

4. Julep Night Shift Sleeping Mask (3-4 times a week)

I've been following this routine religiously for the past 30 or so days, and my skin has never been more radiant and smooth. Sadly, the Julep products are only sold at Ulta (I believe). Need to restock soon as I'm almost out!

5 Replies
testing