Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

wow you're so helpful!

4/21/17 pm. skin condition has been good the past week--very clear and bouncy. one small exception popped up on my chin yesterday after a a short illness, but i can feel it diminishing as i type this !

CLINIQUE take the day off balm

NUDE omega jelly perfect cleanse. massaged.

ANDALOU 1000 roses spritz (spritzed onto cotton pad)

SUNDAY RILEY good genes

KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream

CLARINS blue orchid oil, massaged in

PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair cream

2 hours since i did this, skin is a glowing beacon !

How do you like the midnight recovery eye cream? 

Just wanted to share my experience battling severely dry skin.

Double Cleanse does not work for me, I've been using clinique balm and then as a second cleanse REN calming cleanser this combination stripped my face too much, same thing with the clinique balm followed by Nude jelly. Since I stopped double cleansing my skin is much happier. I just use the clinique balm and remove it very well with warm water and a cotton pad.

Misha Organic flower toners (that I found in Costco) has become my HG what a difference it has made in my skin!!! It makes my skin plump, glowy and it is so hydrating >LOVE IT< I even ordered a backup today from Costco LOL

I feel like I'm finally on the right track with my skin I haven't seen a flake in very long time even though I keep using 3 times a week the DE framboos glycolic (it does wonders for my forehead fine lines).

🙂

@YoiFran

I completely understand where you are coming from.  I am not married to a "number of cleanses".  A thorough cleanse is the result of using appropriate products and processes that will address the needs of the cleanse, suit the skin, and get the job done.  If that requires a 2 (or more) step process, so be it.  But if it doesn't, then just as well.

I think double cleansing has been encouraged for all the right intentions.  And it has done a lot of good to counter the marketing of nonsense products sold as "cleansers that do the job".  Every product on the shelves will say "will remove makeup, iron your clothes, and feed your pups".  They don't.

Also, makeup has take on a life of its own.  Multiple primers, heavy foundations, and long wear makeup is common today.  Especially amongst young women whose skin may also be the most susceptible to breakouts and acne.  And these makeup products hang on to the skin!  Not to mention heavy SPF.

The popularity of makeup wipes, miscellar waters, and rubbish foams and scrubs have contributed to many a pimple as well.  Most are harsh on the skin, and may only make a superficial impact.  But they are often the only "cleansing" product  someone might use because the advert says so.

I see the idea of double cleansing as a way to counteract this.  It encourages people not to go to bed after wiping their face with some makeup remover, water, or a wipe.  Especially if they have worn heavy makeup.

I don't cleanse my face more than once - my skincare routines in this thread will attest to it.  But I am careful about my choice of cleanser, my cleansing process, and my routine post cleansing to make sure I am treating my skin appropriately.  

@greenchilli 100% agree with you. I remember my mom removed her makeup with a creamy balm, then we were told a wipe is enough, and now we are back to a more deep cleanse.

I definitely need the cleaning balm as I wear SPF everyday. Maybe in the summer I will be able to do a double cleanse but definitely not in the winter.

I find a double cleanse is too stripping for my skin also. I only do it on occasion when I feel I wore more makeup than usual. The misha toner sounds interesting.  That brand is on my list to hopefully check out soon. 

At first I thought I was breaking some kind of law from how mainstream the recommendation to double cleanse is. But as with everything is not for everybody.... I kept switching back and forth with products drinking liters of water and honestly I think the dryness only resolved when I got rid of the double cleanse (and added the wonderful flower toner).

Definitely give it a try. It has a natural flowery smell that goes away very fast, just a heads up as I know some people are very sensitive to smells on their skincare.

Anonymous Insider

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

Nude Jelly cleanser 

Pixi rose oil

loccitane gentle toner

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing balm

Must rave about the boscia line! I've gotten my friend, mom, aunt, another aunt hooked on it.

1. boscia Tsubaki cleansing gel

2. boscia balancing facial toner

3. shiseido ultimune power concentrate

4. shiseido ibuki eye cream

5. ladykin snail cream

6. boscia tsubaki beauty oil

This has been my ritual for years (except for that snail cream.. i added it after receiving it as a sample in my ipsy bag)..

My skin is breakout free since i started using the boscia gel cleanser and my skin is smooth to the touch

PM skincare

IMG_6412.JPG

How do you like the GlamGlow Cleanser @fatimamummy? I just picked up a bottle to try out.  It should be here in couple of days 😉

@blackkitty2014 I really liked this Cleanser when I initially started using it. Enough to repurchase but then I discovered some more Cleanser I like better so I am trying to finish this bottle for over six months now by using it once in a while. 

That doesn't mean it isn't a good Cleanser as I said I really liked it until some other stuff caught my attention.

My PM skincare - 04/20/17

Age - 42

Tired as all get out!

20170420_PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm

2. Radical Skincare Peel pads

3. UMA Deeply Clarifying oil massaged into damp skin

4. UMA Anti-ageing eye oil

5. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil - cuz ....all the oils.

I have enjoyed layering and playing with different combination of my favourite oils.

skin: OILY (always searching for oily skin products so if you know good ones let me know!)

AM: cetaphil clenaser

fresh rose mask

aczone

Pixi rose oil

loccitane gentle toner

lush gorgeous moisturizer

PM: cetaphil cleanser

tarte frxxxtion stick as a mask

aczone

tazorac

origins high potency mineral cream (I'm going to stop using this as soon as I finish and I'd like to switch to the guerlain night cream)

any suggestions? my oil is still pretty bad

@sultananatalie

What do you mean by your oils being bad?  Also, what don't you like about being oily?  

Describe how your oil manifests itself.  Does makeup melt off?  Are you completely oily in 2-3 hours?  

Do you also have acne or blemishes?  Is aczone for treating current acne or to prevent?

Oiliness is exacerbated by dehydration.  

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4875.JPG

How do you like the Indie Lee cleanser? I've been trying to decide if I want to try it or not! 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

@vchu94

I will finish the bottle but I won't repurchase. It's gentle and effective but there are others I like more. 

@Anonymous I have the Indie Lee cleanser too, and I'm curious about your "like more" list? Not sure why, but I don't reach for that one as often as I thought I would. 

Anonymous Insider

My favorites lately... shiva rose milk cleanser, Ren cleansing milk, Oskia cleansing gel, January Labs cleansing gel, pixi mud, and ML honeymud. 

@fairlywell

testing