Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

PM 

IMG_4514.JPG

@dalidyli How do you like the Green Clean balm? How does it compare to the Clinique Balm?

Hi @Saschattack

Ive only used it a few times but I like it. For balms I like TTDO and Banila and this has similar texture and the way it rinses off. It smells like citrus soda Smiley Wink

Good morning guys!  While my hair is in a towel and I am trying to wake up.....

AM Skincare:

Age - 42

Type - oily

Condition - friendly

20170406_AM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser - I like this more and more.  Still stings eyes if not careful, so I just avoid eyes.

2. Biologique P50 PIGM400

3. Vintners Daughter serum (I dampened my face before massaging this in.  I massage all oils into damp skin.  I don't do the press and sniff thing that I read about in instructions everywhere.  I massage that sheet in.)

4. Farmacy Eye Dew

5. Algenist White thing face cream

6.  Two puppies' French kisses.

I am ready to kick butt and take names.

@greenchilli I massage oils too... I've found that the pressed in to skin technique leaves the oil on top of my skin like it doesn't absorb... so I went back to massaging it.

@YoiFran

All massage does me good.  

Similarly, I don't get the ring finger eye cream tapping advice that I see online.

"Tap your eye cream gently using the ring finger so that the delicate eye area doesn't get wrinkled".  

No..no it won't.  

Happy Saturday everyone!

I am trying out a couple of new skincare items (new to me). They have fit in nicely in my routine and I quite like it.

04/08/17 - AM mini facial

20170408_AM (Large).jpg

1. Pixi Glow Mud Cleaner (5% glycolic and aloe).  I just started to try this out.  I used it as a cleanser and quick 5 minutes mask.  

2. Ilsci Apricot Gel mask - I try to use this once a week.  I keep it in the fridge so I can apply it cold - a lovely "pick me up".

3. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist - this is a very nice mist, but I what I love more is the nozzle.  It spritzes so lightly and evenly.  

4. Uma Ultimate Brightening Oil - love

5. Farmacy Eye Dew - I like

6. Tata Harper Clarifying moisturiser - I am trying out a deluxe sample.  Quite nice.  I already have the Rebuilding moisturiser which I like very much as well.

Love the little pup. ❤️

love the pixi love. 2 of my fave products from them <3

PM 

IMG_4717.JPG

How do you like the Cosrx essence? I've heard that it is a good dupe for SK II's essence.

It is thicker in consistency then SKll and Missha. I use it in the evening. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

A little bit of silliness: this is my five year old's "routine." I'm trying to get her in the habit of applying her own sunscreen each morning, then washing her face in the evening. The atomizer is for extra fanciness and holds rosewater. The dinosaur pump has DML lotion, which she uses wherever she gets a dry spot anywhere. 

Less silly: I wasn't encouraged to wear sunscreen until college, and even then not unless I was in the hot sun. So many regrets!

This is adorable! 

@fairlywell this is so adorable! 

XOXO,
Marieke

@greenchilli I am trying to find a fragrance similar to the Aurelia oil, and this is all your fault! Smiley Happy I love the smell, and it's also somehow making me better looking. At least that's what I assume, based on recent real-life compliments. Then, yesterday my husband said my face smelled really good. It was Aurelia. 

So - fragrance recommendations welcome? And feel free to evangelize anything else that will make me better in general. 

@fairlywell haha!  I don't know of an eact AUrelia scent replica, but there is a pattern.

Neroli is one of my favourite scents amongst a select few.  You will see a theme in what I use :-)

Aurelia has that distinct Neroli scent, as does UMA body oil (Neroli, Sandalwood, Frankinscence), and Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.  

- TF Neroli Portofino is my signature scent.  

- I use Uma body oil after shower.  I highy recommend this if you aren't averse to body oils.  It absorbs well, is not greasy, makes skin super soft, and has a light scent that lingers.

- Sometimes I layer a tiny bit of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino over.

*ETA - I also have Tom Ford Neroli Porofino Body Oil and Body cream.  I am fond of the smell, but don't care for the oil or cream.  They are not as hydrating and softening as I would like.  In fact, UMA oil is of far superior quality than the TF oil.

When I don't use Uma oil, Clinique Body Butter (it is unscented) is my staple.  

Thank you! I actually picked up a sample of the Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Aqua yesterday, I'm on the right track! I am also thinking of ordering the Aurelia body oil, some of the reviews say it has a lasting scent. 

PM skincare

IMG_6412.JPG

How do you like the GlamGlow Cleanser @fatimamummy? I just picked up a bottle to try out.  It should be here in couple of days Smiley Wink

@blackkitty2014 I really liked this Cleanser when I initially started using it. Enough to repurchase but then I discovered some more Cleanser I like better so I am trying to finish this bottle for over six months now by using it once in a while. 

That doesn't mean it isn't a good Cleanser as I said I really liked it until some other stuff caught my attention.

2 Replies