Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

How do you like the Superstar oil? Do you find it more effective than SR Luna?

Anonymous Insider

@MiaM7

I recently finished a bottle of Luna and it was a struggle to finish up. I like the P&M but I haven't been using it long enough to decide if I'll repurchase. I like it over Luna. 

skin type: combination

current skin condition: cheeks dehydrated from winter, chin flaky, nose and forehead always oily

For some reason, I keep getting an error code when I try to upload a picture, so I'll just list what I use.

A.M.

• Garnier Micellar Water
  • Boscia Tsubaki Glowtion
  • Tony Moly Cat's Wink Tok Tok Stick Balm (I use it under my eyes)

P.M.

• Boscia Tsubaki Cleaning Oil Gel
  • Boscia Balancing Facial Tonic
  • Boscia Tsubaki Swirl Gel & Cream Deep Hydration Moisturizer
  • Clinique All About Eyes Rich
  • Etude House My Lash Serum

I know when the weather gets warmer my skin will get oilier. I plan on switching to the Boscia Green Tea Moisturizer for a.m. and Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser at night.

had the day off today, so i gave myself a bit of an extended facial. i have not been exfoliating much this week (i even skipped acids a couple of nights, which is not my usual routine but was needed after a bit of over enthusiasm for good genes a couple weeks ago).

• CLEANSED / massaged with OMOROVIZCA thermal cleansing balm
  • PEEL with REN glycol lactic radiance renewal mask (10 min)
  • DEEP CLEANSE with PIXI glow mud mask ( ~20 min)
  • SOOTHE / HYDRATE / FIRM with PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair mask (a few hours; you can sleep in this if you wish)***
  • extra hydration / method for making sure everything is off (i take everything off with a warm damp wash cloth, but i find the gel texture of the PTR mask is a little difficult to ensure is completely off !) with SHISEIDO eudermine revitalizing essence on a cotton pad. (i typically do this with either this essence or any of my facial spritzes onto a cotton pad)
  • MORE HYDRATION ! with VICHY aqualia thermal serum. duh, so predictable. 
  • EYES -- light massage with KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream
  • NOURISH with LAURA MERCIER flawless skin infusion de rose oil (massaged in)
  • sealed it all in with a pump of my AVEDA botanical kinetics hydration lotion.

***the PTR mask is one of my very favorites. i've been nursing a couple of deluxe samples until the sale, so i haven't been using it nearly as much as i used to. and i can tell a difference. 

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4826.JPG

@greenchilli I am trying to find a fragrance similar to the Aurelia oil, and this is all your fault! 🙂 I love the smell, and it's also somehow making me better looking. At least that's what I assume, based on recent real-life compliments. Then, yesterday my husband said my face smelled really good. It was Aurelia. 

So - fragrance recommendations welcome? And feel free to evangelize anything else that will make me better in general. 

@fairlywell haha!  I don't know of an eact AUrelia scent replica, but there is a pattern.

Neroli is one of my favourite scents amongst a select few.  You will see a theme in what I use 🙂

Aurelia has that distinct Neroli scent, as does UMA body oil (Neroli, Sandalwood, Frankinscence), and Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.  

- TF Neroli Portofino is my signature scent.  

- I use Uma body oil after shower.  I highy recommend this if you aren't averse to body oils.  It absorbs well, is not greasy, makes skin super soft, and has a light scent that lingers.

- Sometimes I layer a tiny bit of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino over.

*ETA - I also have Tom Ford Neroli Porofino Body Oil and Body cream.  I am fond of the smell, but don't care for the oil or cream.  They are not as hydrating and softening as I would like.  In fact, UMA oil is of far superior quality than the TF oil.

When I don't use Uma oil, Clinique Body Butter (it is unscented) is my staple.  

Thank you! I actually picked up a sample of the Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Aqua yesterday, I'm on the right track! I am also thinking of ordering the Aurelia body oil, some of the reviews say it has a lasting scent. 

Sunday Night Facial.

Age - 42

Skin type - oily

Skin Condition - Can't complain

20170416_Sunday night facial (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing balm

2. May Lindstrom problem Solver

3. Pixi Glow Tonic - I typically follow up Problem Solver with a milder than usual acid exfoliator.

4. UMA Deeply Clarifying oil - massaged into damp skin.  It has clove and Sandalwood, so addresses any skin concern or if avoiding blemishes before they arise.  I use this a few days a month.  

5. Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil - I use this almost always, no matter what else I wear.  Layering oils in thin layers is working out nicely.   I think it complements the UMA Clarifying oil well because it adds a bit more hydration.

6. UMA Anti-aging eye oil - I like this.  I am rotating between this and my staple DDG Ferulic +Retinol eye cream

IMG_20170415_232300.jpg

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4801.JPG

Anonymous Insider

Have you tried the most overlooked ingredient.. SULFUR? Sulfur is a natural Anti Bacterial and Anti Fungal property, making it Earth's oldest Acne cure! After trying every ingredient you can name my Dermatologist recommended Sulfur by Joesoef Skin Care to be the most effective and highest quality Sulfur based product line in the market. Sulfur really had a positive affect on my complexion, reducing the redness, acne and clogged pores in a matter of days. Try Joesoef Skin Care 4 Step Acne facial kit. You'll see the results! I hope this helps. ❤️

antiacne_kit_large1.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Think what you like, it works for me! :))

Anonymous Insider

You can go now...

@Anonymous,

Do you sense that we have experienced a commercial message?

Anonymous Insider

@tsavorite

Haha Just a bit. 

@Anonymous,

This was cross-posted in 3 Threads on BT.  One post has a video about this product line. 

Anonymous Insider

Oh geez I didn't see those. @tsavorite

FullSizeRender.jpg

A little bit of silliness: this is my five year old's "routine." I'm trying to get her in the habit of applying her own sunscreen each morning, then washing her face in the evening. The atomizer is for extra fanciness and holds rosewater. The dinosaur pump has DML lotion, which she uses wherever she gets a dry spot anywhere. 

Less silly: I wasn't encouraged to wear sunscreen until college, and even then not unless I was in the hot sun. So many regrets!

@fairlywell this is so adorable! 

XOXO,
Marieke
Anonymous Insider

This is adorable! 

6 Replies
testing