Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

It is thicker in consistency then SKll and Missha. I use it in the evening. 

Happy Saturday everyone!

I am trying out a couple of new skincare items (new to me). They have fit in nicely in my routine and I quite like it.

04/08/17 - AM mini facial

20170408_AM (Large).jpg

1. Pixi Glow Mud Cleaner (5% glycolic and aloe).  I just started to try this out.  I used it as a cleanser and quick 5 minutes mask.  

2. Ilsci Apricot Gel mask - I try to use this once a week.  I keep it in the fridge so I can apply it cold - a lovely "pick me up".

3. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist - this is a very nice mist, but I what I love more is the nozzle.  It spritzes so lightly and evenly.  

4. Uma Ultimate Brightening Oil - love

5. Farmacy Eye Dew - I like

6. Tata Harper Clarifying moisturiser - I am trying out a deluxe sample.  Quite nice.  I already have the Rebuilding moisturiser which I like very much as well.

love the pixi love. 2 of my fave products from them ❤️

Love the little pup. ❤️

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4613.JPG

Ladies just found the whamissa organic flower deep toner in costco webpage for 30$. I finally bought it!!!

I hope you love it! I think it's such a nice smell and unusual texture. 

@fairlywell I have high expectations!!! I especially want to try the 7 skin method with this toner I'm suffering from very dry skin this winter. I read you are on your second bottle of this toner. Can I use it before the vitamin C firm in the morning? Before the DE framboos at night? before retinol on the nights I use it?

Sorry for all the questions 🙂

@YoiFran Lots of good questions! Only some of which I can answer. 😉 I have been really enjoying mine as a 7-skin (though I only go 3!) I think I view this differently than I would a balancing toner. So, I think you could use it before vit C but you might get more hydration if you used it after? But then I'm going to go the other way and tell you that I've been using it pre-retinol as a comfort layer while I figure out what my retinol issues are. 

Thanks @fairlywell I will have to try all possible combinations 😊

Good morning guys!  While my hair is in a towel and I am trying to wake up.....

AM Skincare:

Age - 42

Type - oily

Condition - friendly

20170406_AM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser - I like this more and more.  Still stings eyes if not careful, so I just avoid eyes.

2. Biologique P50 PIGM400

3. Vintners Daughter serum (I dampened my face before massaging this in.  I massage all oils into damp skin.  I don't do the press and sniff thing that I read about in instructions everywhere.  I massage that sheet in.)

4. Farmacy Eye Dew

5. Algenist White thing face cream

6.  Two puppies' French kisses.

I am ready to kick butt and take names.

@greenchilli I massage oils too... I've found that the pressed in to skin technique leaves the oil on top of my skin like it doesn't absorb... so I went back to massaging it.

@YoiFran

All massage does me good.  

Similarly, I don't get the ring finger eye cream tapping advice that I see online.

"Tap your eye cream gently using the ring finger so that the delicate eye area doesn't get wrinkled".  

No..no it won't.  

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4585.JPG

😊❤ My favorite part of the dayIMG_4188.JPG

Anonymous Insider

PM 

IMG_4514.JPG

@Anonymous How do you like the Green Clean balm? How does it compare to the Clinique Balm?

Anonymous Insider

Hi @Saschattack

Ive only used it a few times but I like it. For balms I like TTDO and Banila and this has similar texture and the way it rinses off. It smells like citrus soda 😉

just keepin' on focusing with hydration and soothing. 

4/4/17 a.m.

NUDE omega jelly

AVEDA botanical kinetics spritz

VICHY aqualia thermal serum

REN vita mineral active 7 eye gel. (i prefer creams to gels; but if you ever need something that absorbs QUICKLY it's worthy seeing if a gel is for you)

LAURA MERCIER flawless skin infusion de rose nourishing oil 

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating moisturizer 

Anonymous Insider

@jemly

im in love with that rose oil in the AM in makes my skin glowy and hydrated without a heavy feel. I put the Korres lip on my chic week list. Thanks for the rec!

IMG_0218.JPG

PM, working through my recent difficulties with retinol. For the time being I've gone back to a label I trust (DDG) to shore up my tolerance before experimenting with The Ordinary further. The current plan is DDG retinol twice a week, followed by a "gentle" night before any acid exfoliation. 

-Cleanse 1: Nude Jelly

-Cleanse 2: Andalou Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk from the Whole Foods Beauty Bag. It's just ok. Probably won't repurchase. 2nd cleanse in the shower, with rose EO splashed in the steam. 

-Toner: Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich. This is a recent repurchase. I used an entire bottle of this before without truly appreciating it. The hydrating effect is real, especially used as a 3-skin like I did tonight. 

-Essence: May Coop Raw Sauce

-Ampoule: Missha Time Revolution longname. A new guy in the rotation! I've only used it twice, but I enjoy the smell/texture/absorption of it so far. It feels silky and hydrating to me.

-I'm probably going to need a cream before bed. I might use one of the Tatcha Indigo samples that I wish I didn't like so much because it costs the world. 

testing