Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Thanks @jemly! I think you've hit on exactly why I feel like I need a second moisturizer. I like the Belif for AM because the silicone acts as a primer layer for makeup. At night it's just not quite what I want. My skin isn't irritated by much except neglect, so the Aveda might be worth a try! Thanks so much for the answer!

AM

FullSizeRender.jpg

Image Skincare Ageless cleanser - Originally sold to me by my dermatologist because it caters to a lot of my skincare concerns. I've tried switching to other cleansers and they didn't work as well.

Nuface mini - I actually use this every other day and I'm still experimenting with what gel I like to use with it.

Clindamycin - Prescription topical antibiotic for when I have acne breakouts. I only use it on the portions of my face experiencing acne. Usually it's one cheek or the other, never the forehead. 

SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion - I apply this to all of the portions of my face that I don't put Clindamycin on.

Murad Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence - So this is my dose of hyaluronic acid for humectant purposes. I don't like the scent and plan to switch to something from Paula's Choice once this runs out. 

Caudalie Resveratrol Lift SPF20 - I wouldn't have purchased this personally, but since I have the sample I'm using it as a little bit of extra moisturizer/SPF.

PUR Hydragel Lift - I use this on the under-eye and eyelid. Still trying to decide if I like it.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream SPF 30 - Seems to be a good color match for my skin, but isn't quite enough to replace foundation. Has a lot of skincare benefits and some SPF so I either use it under my primer/foundation on full makeup days or I use it blended in with some concealer on light makeup days.

PM:

PM.jpg

Dr Brandt Pores No More Cleanser - I just got this and am still deciding if I like it. It seems ok so far.

Tretinoin - This is a prescription retin-a that my dermatologist gave me to help heal up my acne. I've been on it for several years and it seems to really help. I dropped off of it for a year to see if it made a difference and my acne came back! I did some reading on it and decided I'm just going to stay on it long term rather than try to wean off of it when my acne heals up again. Also, it's harder to start back up again than it is to just keep going. I only use about a tube a year so it's not that big of a deal.

Algenist Genius Vitamin C Serum - I wait around ten minutes after applying the tretinoin to apply this and my skin just sort of absorbs it. It's amazing.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - This is a sample and I'm still trying to decide if I like it. It seems to do an ok job of sealing in the other skincare stuff I already applied. 

Image Skincare Reconstructive Lightening Cream - This is another one from my dermatologist. I only recently started using it. I use it extremely *sparingly* on any age spot that appears. I guess the hydroquinone in it can have side effects, so it's really just for spot treating on age spots. I'm only supposed to use it every night if an age spot appears. So far I've only had one age spot and this made it disappear within a week. 

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask - I still have no idea why my lips love this stuff so much, but whenever a liquid lipstick causes my lips to become overly dry, this stuff seems to totally heal them by the next morning. Chapped lips become healed lips overnight. I use it every night and always wake up with my lips feeling amazing. 

I also do a variety of masks, mostly charcoal and sheet masks, but those are usually every other day and I do them before my PM routine.

I haven't posted in a while mostly because I am lazy and also because my routine was pretty much same. I introduced a few new products in my morning and night routine. It is too soon to tell if any of those is working but none has given me any bad reaction so I can say so far so good.

Skin type: Oily/Combination oily in winter

Current,y dealing with a bit of dehydration so any suggestions about products that can help are welcomed.

AM:

IMG_5804.JPG

I have stocked up SR Tidal samples so it will be a while when I need to decide if I want to buy full size or not. I started using Pixi glow tonic a few days ago and am looking forward to see if I get the same amazing results.

PM: 

IMG_5805.JPG

I don't use all the cleansers everyday but rotate them according to what I feel my skin needs on a given day.Not at all impressed by the Dermablend makeup remover though, I have to use Sephora eye makeup remover with it to get mascara completely out of my lashes.

Hi @fatimamummy!! I keep seeing Farmacy Eye dew in this thread ans I Wonder what it does for you 🙂

Hi @lauriebos It is a great eye cream. Very hydrating and helpful for the dark circles. I really like it but lately my sleeping routine is a bit disturbed so I feel I need to add something else in my routine to treat dark circles. Maybe some eye mask or serum that can be used in conjunction with eye dew.

Thanks @fatimamummy 🙂 I also use patchology eye mask like you, but I do not see real difference using them. I do not have any major problem to solve though. I mainly want to hydrate and prevent fine lines. I'll try this one for sure soon.

@lauriebos I have visible eye bags which become more prominent after hard nights. Patchology gels help a lot to reduce the appearance of those under eye sacks . I keep them on for 10 minutes instead of 5. Eye dew is a great light weight eye cream, I think you will like it.

@fatimamummy for dehydration check out VICHY aqualia thermal serum. not too pricey and super effective. use before oil/moisturizer. one pump does me. 🙂

Thank you @jemly I'll check it out.

I LOVE the Pixi Glow in the morning. I hope it works for you!

IMG_0018.JPG

PM:

My Aurelia oil arrived today! I'm not sure if I will need a cream to finish the sandwich once the Aurelia sinks in. If so I'll use my beloved Belif True Cream. 

Anonymous Insider

PM 

I have a hormonal spot on my chin so I'm mid week mud masking it into submission. 

IMG_3376.JPG

@Anonymous lord i know i say this all the time but mannnnnn that PIXI glow mud mask is definitely my favorite clay/mud mask. ❤️

Anonymous Insider

It's the most hydrating mud I've ever used. When I get any congestion it's my go to. I'm very impressed with a few pixi products so I understand your love! @jemly

Posted this in a different thread, but I think it belongs here.

Skin Type: Combo with oily T-zone and dry elsewhere

Current: dry due to heating and winter weather

skinisin.JPG

So here's my routine AM and PM:

1. Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser

2. Aesop B & Tea Toner (switch between Son Park Beauty Water to finish it)

3. SKII Facial Treatment Essence (I had the best facial of my life in the SKII Spa in Seoul and never go without this. decant in a spray bottle ala Cate Blanchett)

4. Aesop Lucent Facial Concentrate (acts like a serum)

5. Aesop Parsley Seed Anti Oxidant Facial Hydrating Cream

6. Aesop Parsley Seed Anti Oxidant Eye Cream

7* Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen

*I only wear this during the day. My skin has improved so much that I just wear this on its own and it leaves a nice effect on smoothing the look of my pores, etc.

@JiMi2006, I was just going to ask how you like the Tatcha sunscreen! My friend was asking me about it the other day. Once I finish the sunscreen I have, I'm thinking about getting that one. 🙂 

P.S. I like your icon of Jun JiHyun. Have you watched my love from another star too? 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBT, I love love love the Tatcha sunscreen! It took me a long time to find this. It is perfectly matte enough for me, which I had a hard time finding. 

Yes, I just finished watching Legend of the Blue Sea and I adore her in both these shows!! 🌟Though I preferred the male lead in My love from another star. Haha!

I rush out in the mornings, so I usually end up just washing ans moisturizing, but my night routine is pretty extensive: 

First I remove my makeup with a cleansing brush and a face cleanser from Trader Joe's. I have actually been using it for years and it's my go-to. I have tried other ones but always come back to it because I start to break out with a lot of other cleansers, but this one is very gentle, it's foaming, natural, removes makeup very well, it's cheap, and the best part is that you could literally smear this in your eyes and it doesn't hurt at all! !00% tear less, which is important to me, especially for taking off eye makeup. I also like to use glam glow's super mud cleanser occasionally because it's good for breakouts. Next I tone with the Pixi Glow Tonic. Then I exfoliate with ether some St. Ives Blemish control apricot scrub, which has salicylic acid, or I will use lush's face scrub called Let The Good Times Roll, which  smells amazing and I really just want to eat lol.

Once or twice a week I will put on a face mask. My favorites are a charcoal mask from origins and a honey cherry mask from 100% pure, which is technically a scrub but I like to apply it like a mask. It's super soothing and I totally recommend. I always see an improvement in my skin after using it. I have yet to purchase the Bosica Black Peel Mask but I want it so bad! If anyone reading this has used it, is it any good and worth the money?? 

Finally I wrap it up with some moisturizer from Aveda which also smells really good and has yet to fail me even through the tough winter months. Sorry I didn't include specific names, I'm in bed and kinda lazy haha. 

I have a friend who loves that Boscia mask, although I personally think there are more effective clay masks (and something about the peel-off seems harsh to me.) From your list of scrubs it seems like you might have youthful skin, treasure it!

The Pixi Glow Tonic is magic! It seems good for almost everyone!

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_3310.JPG

hi ! 31, normal-to-oily skin that is chronically dehydrated. currently coming back down from a hormonal shift.

to preface this: 5 days or so ago, i noticed extra congestion on my nose. gunky, gross. i picked, i know i know. woke up the next morning with a very unhappy infected pore smack dab in the middle of my schnoz. DON'T PICK. but more to the point, i was able to make it go away within 36 hours. when in doubt treat skin for dehydration and everything will likely fall into place ! (i repurchased my VICHY aqualia thermal serum..........)

3/5/17 a.m.

1. cleanse: REN evercalm cleansing milk
  2. exfoliate**: NUDE fizzy powder. not a usual step, but i used this just a bit, gently on my nose very to help expedite the removal of dead skin which had built up because i'd been picking. DON'T PICK (i'm yelling at myself, not you).
  3. hydrating tone: MURAD essential-c toner
  4. serum: VICHY aqualia thermal serum
  5. eye: ORIGINS ginzing eye cream
  6. hydrate: AVEDA botanical kinetics moisturizer 

3/5/17 p.m.

1. makeup removal: CLINIQUE ttdo balm
  2. cleanse: OMOROVICZA thermal cleansing balm
  3. tone/exfoliate: N I P + FAB glycolic pads (first time using)
  4. spritz: SANTA MARIA NOVELLA orange blossom water
  5. treat: VICHY aqualia thermal serum
  6. eye: KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream
  7. oil: CLARINS blue orchid oil
  8. hydrate: AVEDA botanical kinetics moisturizer

3/6/17 a.m.

1. cleanse: REN rosa centifolia hot cloth cleanser
  2. hydrate tone: SHISEIDO eudermine essence
  3. treat: VICHY aqualia thermal serum
  4. eye: ORIGINS ginzing eye cream
  5. hydrate: AVEDA. always & forever, obvs. 
testing