Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Early 30's

Possible hormonal breakout or reaction to May Lindstrom routine (:/)

Oskia Cleansing gel

FAB Cleanser

Pixi Glow Tonic

MB Rosewater Spray

Naruko Miracle Essence

Innisfree Green Tea serum

KS Dermal Quench with Retinol (finishing a sample)

NUDE Rescue Oil

Dacite Bl + C serum oil

Dr Hart Night Beauty BB

Olay Eye Cream (finishing a sample)

@Zpsid91

oh no!  Hope your face calms down soon.  On the bright side, we could be hormonal together.  I am going for a facial on Friday.  I expect she will wallop my face into submission.

@greenchilli - I could do with a good face wallop. I will settle for some mask action this week - I'm thinking chamomile!

I love Naruko! I found the brand while living in Taiwan and I've been hooked since.

@laynebr-what other stuff from Naruko do you use? They have a great product in the Miracle Essence, but I can't navigate their website very easily

I'm not a fan of their website either! I really like the DermaLane line. It helped me face all of my discoloration around my mouth. I also love their night jellies and their am+pm line is also fantastic! I like their face masks but they're not one of my favorites.

PM

Moringa cleansing balm

nude omega jelly

ddg extra strength pad

mb rosewater spray 

Chanel hydrating toner

corsx snail mucin

odacite summer in hossegar 

May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

ddg retinol eye cream 

Did you get the previous CH Cult Beauty box?  I just finished the EH moringa balm (loved!) and nearly finished the DDG eye cream.  The blue cocoon I didn't use for almost a year until BT (Thanks @Mochapj!)has recommendations on how to use it.  Now I love as a final step when nothing else seems to want to sink in and hydrate. @dalidyli

@sister13

I didn't get the last box because I already had some of the products. Blue cocoon is amazing especially this time of year. The smell and texture is such a sensory experience. The DDG eye cream is my favorite night time eye cream. She really picked curated a great box last time. 

@dalidyli How do you love the Chanel toner? I love Hydra beauty line but I did not splurge on the toner yet. Does it make a difference in your routine?

@lauriebos

I usually use Hado Labo HA as my hydrating toner at night during the dryer months but with the snail mucin and BC a lighter toner like Chanel is the perfect compliment. It has more of a watery feel and a good amount of slip to move around and pat in. The only thing as with most Chanel products is fragrance. It doesn't bother me and since you use the hydra line it would be ok. This one is a great morning toner and layer for my routine. 

Great!! Thanks @dalidylifor your answer.

I do not have issue with fragrances and the hydra beauty line is the only one that worked for me as I'm on accutane and need A LOT of hydration. I'll certainly give it a try!

I got a bit of irritation of on my chin, a blemish and some texture.  Too many things in flux lately so not sure what caused it.  It went away quickly but I am planning to be a bit unadventurous for a few days.

PM Skincare: 03/02/17

Age - 42 for all practical purposes

Skin - oily.  Had a bit on annoyance, but its gone now.

1. Emma Hardie Cleansing balm

2. DDG Ferulic+Retinol Wrinkle peel

3. Caudalie Grape Water

4. May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

5. DDG Ferulic_Retinol eye cream

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil.

May I just give an unsolicited  recommendation to anybody or nobody.  Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil is a perfect product.  Try it.  

I can't compare it to other oils because really it isn't a good measure.  There is no standard oil formula, purpose, or effectiveness.  

Is this oil worth it?  YES!

Greenchilli, I've been reading this thread for months - and I bought the Aurelia oil when I learned you are not 26. I might get motivated to post my routines one of these days. 

Highlighted

@fairlywell

Haha!  You made me laugh, and awfully sweet thing to say.

I hope you love the Aurelia oil as much as I do.  :-)

@greenchilli You have me curious - what does the Aurelia oil do for you?

@JenniferOhJenny

Aurelia is a serum oil.  So it just doesn't hydrate, but has treatment properties as well.  I liek it cuz:

- It hydrates beautifully!  I have lately been using a drop or 2 with a light moisturiser in the morning under makeup as well.  It makes the skin soft, in a way not many moisturizers can.

- It absorbs really well.  This is a big deal for me as many popular oils just sit on top of my skin.  So my skin continues to feel dehydrated and I don't get any benefits from the oil.

- The ingredients are top notch.  If we are taking good care of our skin, often the serums don't show drastic changes, but they are working hard to maintain your good skin.  So this is where ingredients help me evaluate a product.

- Tangible benefits?  My skin feels soft, hydrated, and the smell is incredible.  It is a complete product and can take the place of both a serum and a hydrator.  WHen I use it at night, I can certainly tell that my skin looks better in the morning (not dry and dull).  It gives a healthy glow.

@greenchilli Thanks! It sounds great; I'm going to check it out!

Okay, ladies... I'm throwing my hat into the ring! My skincare regimen could probably use an overall since I just turned 30 this year. Admittedly, I am much of a makeup junkie than a skincare addict, so I've never really delved that far into sticking to a quality skincare regimen... 

About the only things I *consistently* use are Boscia Makeup Breakup Oil for makeup removal, Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser for cleansing (I think I keep buying skincare like I think I'm still a teenager even though I don't get any breakouts), a little bit of Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation, and I always wear SPF. I guess I've prescribed to the less is more/don't mess with a good thing mentality... but at 30, I know prevention is best. *sigh* Also, I'm a nutritionist, so I think nutrition has a lot to do with why my skin has been so good despite being so lazy with my skincare regimen thus far, lol. 

I have a drawer full of skincare products that I may or may not use if I happen to remember them, but I won't bore you with them (Fresh, Origins, Shiseido, Caudalie, Lancome, PTR, tons more) since I don't use any of them consistently enough. I have a Clarisonic... almost never use it. I know, I'm bad.

Skin Type: Normal, Fair

Condition: Great

Concerns: Currently, none... but anti-aging/preventative care is my main priority

Thanks in advance, beauties! Smiley Happy

I'm in the same boat.  Huge drawer full of sometimes used products.  Then I complain they don't do anything.  I don't use them consistently enough to let them work.

No tips....just sharing in your practices.

@mspera80 with the hodgepodge of skincare I randomly use, I'm surprised it doesn't all absorb into my face and counter act with each other and explode like some sort of science project gone wrong... lol Smiley Happy

@khaleesi what sort of antiaging potions interest you? Retinols, acids, serums, mists, oils, masks? It sounds like you have basics that you like, and I'm sure you're right that good nutrition is a huge help. 

I'm a big fan of acid exfoliation, and at almost 36 I have embraced retinol. I tend to luxuriate in the process, so I probably use more steps and products than truly necessary. If you give me a category of interest I would be happy to go on and on with my favorites! 😉

@fairlywell I love masks, just because I think they're relaxing, lol. But I do recall reading something that said that in your 30s, retinol is the most important ingredient to look for in an anti-aging product. (Is that correct?) I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to skincare, so I'm open to any and all suggestions! Smiley Happy Thank you so very much for responding!

@khaleesi oh wow, free reign! Settle in for a novel!

Finding a retinol that works for you would definitely add to your time-slowing abilities. Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol peel pads are a regular repurchase for me. (You can cut in half and seal the unused half in a baggie for next time, there's a ton of product on each pad and that makes them more cost effective.) I want to try the Ferulic + Retinol night serum next. I've tried Sunday Riley Luna, marketed as a retinol-similar product. I don't love it, I think there are better oils and better retinols. I've also used Paula's Choice retinol, and while it may be a perfectly good product I didn't enjoy the formula at all. I just ordered a retinol serum from The Ordinary - for $10 I have to try it! I'll report back. 

My face does well with acids. (Generally good for exfoliation, brightening, texture, maaaybe some fine lines.) If yours does too, here are things to try! Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic, very gentle), Pixi Peel Pads (20% glycolic, use at night when you don't use retinol), FAB pads (similar), SR Good Genes (lactic acid + other stuff).

Masks! The PTR pumpkin enzyme mask is a nice enzymatic exfoliant. I love the origins charcoal mask followed by a bunch of essences and oils. Sheet masks are everywhere- I'm not sure how much they -do- but sometimes they are a nice bit of self-care. I completely agree about the relaxation effect. My current favorite is SkinFood's rose tea gel mask.

Serums and essences... I feel like these are the extra credit of skincare. Lovely to have, you will probably enjoy them, but get the rest of your homework in first! There are a million of them. If you hang out here for any length of time you'll see lots of options. Not trying to be unhelpful, but there's a lot of trial and error. 

Oils! Some of these are also serums. It's confusing. When you look at the ingredients list, I recommend snobbishly that you avoid anything with mineral, safflower, or coconut oil in the first few ingredients. Those just aren't the good stuff. Argan, jojoba, sweet almond, olive derivatives - go for it. Oils get pricey, but you use them a few drops at a time.  So samples are really helpful! Adding oils to my routine completely changed my skin.  I had been looking into Botox/fillers and now I think that's still a ways off.

whew, done! That's not even comprehensive! Keep posting what you're doing, I'm so interested to see what works for you!

My Saturday evening indulgence:

Age - 42

Skin type - oily

Condition - good

You know, a lot of questions on BT are concerns over oily skin.  Asking for mattifying products, oil controlling makeup, primers, etc.  

It took me a while, but I am quite thankful for my oily skin.  Sure, it can be a pain to be oily...but a quick blot isn't difficult.  But the oiliness has helped the long term condition of my skin.  The less I fight my oiliness, the more balanced my skin actually becomes.  Random midnight stream of consciousness...

1. Emma Hardie cleansing balm

2, DDG Wrinkle Recovery Retinol pad (or some such - I love).

3. Caudalie Grape water - you know, I have tried so many spritzes.  And liked many.  But this is such a solid standard.  Simple and good.  My go to.

4.  UMA Deeply Clarifying oil - love

5. DDG Ferulic+Retinol eye cream - my standard night eye cream.  Love.

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil - a couple of drops to top off the UMA oil.

All is good in the world.