Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

DRUNK ELEPHANT T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial

I purchased DRUNK ELEPHANT T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial and as I was reading the box it says "Avoid using with any products containing retinol or retinoids." I didn't see any warning about this on the Sephora site.I use Retin-A but what's unclear to me is if the maker is saying not to use them at the same time or not to use their product at all if I use Retin-A, even if use is hours (or days) apart. Is anyone out there using Retin-A but also DETLC Sukari Babyfacial? Any problems?

TIA

Re: DRUNK ELEPHANT T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial

I'm on Tretinoin and actually just tried the Baby Facial the other week. I only use Tret twice a week though (Tuesday and Friday) and then tried the BabyFacial on Sunday night. I put on my normal moisturizer afterwards though and even in the morning my face felt a little dry. So I would recommend slathering on some moisturizer and making sure your skin is SUPER hydrated. Also, it it's probably best to give your dermatologist a quick call just to make sure it's okay to use with Retin-A

Thanks a million! It came with a sample of the virgin marula oil so I'll try that for hydration afterward.

I used The Ordinary 30% acid treatment.  The Drunk Elephant Babyfacial is 25%. 

I don't use Retin A (prescription) but I do use Retinol and Retinoids.

So far, so good.  I think so can tolerate more than others. 

Anonymous Insider

darkchocolate68 wrote:

I used The Ordinary 30% acid treatment.  The Drunk Elephant Babyfacial is 25%. 

I don't use Retin A (prescription) but I do use Retinol and Retinoids.

So far, so good.  I think so can tolerate more than others. 

The ordinary is just that, ordinary, and is a very cheap imitation brand.  I wouldn't be so sure that it even has 30%.  Nothing over 10% is allowed in Canada and that's where it's from.  Don't go by those results is what I'm trying to say.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing