Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

DE Slaai Makeup Remover Changed?

Has anyone noticed the difference in Drunk Elephant’s Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser? I purchased it originally in April 2019 and it was the best makeup remover I’ve ever used. It rinsed off so beautifully and left no residue. I purchased a back up in August that I just opened last night and it is the worst makeup remover I’ve ever tried. Greasy, leaves a film, broke me out, clouds my eyes, REFUSES to wash off. I don’t know if this was a bad batch or what? But this is awful. Especially knowing what it’s supposed to be. 
Does anyone know if it changed or has changed back to the original? Can’t go to Sephora right now to get a sample to tell if a new batch is better (posting during covid lockdown). 

Re: DE Slaai Makeup Remover Changed?

I've only finish 1 tub of the Slaai (sometime last fall) and was quite surprised at how it left a film that was difficult to remove (sometimes I had to use my cleanser twice). Occasionally when I got some of the product from the bottom of the tub, it rinsed off very clean without the film. 

It's so odd that I've read/seen so many reviews about it coming off clean like other cleansing balms, but i didn't have the same experience. 

Re: DE Slaai Makeup Remover Changed?

Hi there - @HTPope there is always a chance of getting a bad batch of any product. So  glad you had a chance to experience the great results, so you know it works!  I would discard that latest one and try to get a new one.  Sometimes storage in heat and cold can compromise the integrity of the products.  I have a lot of products and i have to keep them in a cool dry place and some i have had to throw away for that same reason.

Best to you!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing