cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

DE Marula vs SR Juno ?

Hi everyone! 

I'm normally oily/combo with acne here and there- my skin was behaving very well before the cold weather came ๐Ÿฅถ

During the fall and winter my skin is dry and my acne flares up! So I'm switching over to my winter skincare but it can always use a good touch up. I have the Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL but I have seen SUCH GREAT reviews for Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL and I'm wondering if i should give it a try? Has anyone tried both and experienced different results? From the description, it seems the biggest difference is that Juno has vitamins A and C whereas Marula does not but feel free to share your experiences and advice ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous Insider

Re: DE Marula vs SR Juno ?

Iโ€™d go with Juno. Marula Oil is high in oleic acid, which is the type of fatty acid found in oils that tend to break people out. Junoโ€™s ingredients seem fine, and at first glance, donโ€™t contain too many (if any) oils containing oleic acid. Face oils are supposed to sit on your face and lock in moisture. Iโ€™d recommend looking for a hydrating serum to put underneath your oil if that is your concern.

Re: DE Marula vs SR Juno ?

I have sensitive, combination skin and this oil was too heavy for me. It didn't cause any acne for me, but my skin was not able to absorb the oil and it had a waxy texture for me. Also, it smells like olive oil. If I had to choose between the Juno or Marula, I would prefer the marula oil. But, it doesn't hurt to try. I would recommend trying the smaller size first. Sunday Riley oils have a short shelf life and mine turned bad in six months. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing