Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

DE Framboos Glycolic vs Farmacy Honeymoon Glow

I've been using DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum for quite awhile now, and while I'm happy with it, I'm always down to find a product that gives me the same results with a lower price tag. I've been hearing a lot of good things about FARMACY - Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Echinacea GreenEnvy™and was wondering if anyone has tried both of these and prefers one over the other. I'm also open to any other suggestions for Framboos alternatives!

Re: DE Framboos Glycolic vs Farmacy Honeymoon Glow

I have only tried the farmacy, but I can tell you that it's a really great product.  Many exfoliating products I just use and .. have faith that they are doing what they say, as I don't see or notice any difference.  After using the farmacy serum, I do wake up with softer and brighter skin.  I don't use it every night, even every other night is pushing it, but I suppose it depends how much exfoliation you want.

I don't know about DE's product, but the farmacy serum does have a small amount of BHA in it.  AHAs are surface-level exfoliators, BHAs don't do anything for the skin's surface but get into the pores.  One disadvantage to BHAs is they are more drying; you typically see BHAs in teenage / acne-focused skincare. The ratio of BHAs to AHAs is low, but you will see a certain amount of dryness that you otherwise wouldn't.

Anyway, I recommend the product, but I wouldn't use it every day.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing