Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Décolletage Redness

Hi there,

Are there any good products for lessening or even completely eliminating redness on the chest and décolletage area?

I regularly use sunscreen, exfoliate my face and neck area with FAB's Facial Radiance Polish, and have recently started using the Dr. Jart+ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment post-shower (the cream, not the Camo Drops). I'm also considering using The Ordinary's AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution just to be rid of this. I'm really fair so it's like, my face and the rest of my body are ghost-white and then I have this red, splotchy chest and neck that looks awful!

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Décolletage Redness

@AmandaJoy88 Do you use a moisturizer or lotion (the Tiger Grass cream is more like a serum)? Are you experiencing any irritation in that area or is it just red in color? Chemical exfoliants (AHAs and BHAs) don't help with reducing redness.

Since you're already exfoliating using FAB's Facial Radiance, try applying moisturizer/lotion because  chemical exfoliants can dry out your skin. If your skin is still red, try removing the FAB Polish and continue using moisturizer/lotion. 

If your skin is still red, try using a product with azelaic acid. It's a common ingredient found in rosacea meds to reduce redness.

I mix a little of The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL into my body lotion

Thank you! I will definitely try your suggestions. :)

Thank you! I will definitely try your suggestions. 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing