Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Cystic/Milia/Acne HELP HELP HELP

27E63E63-9BD4-4F44-A70A-6AA939727CE9.jpeg

 Literally. This has been mostly what my skin has looked like for the past year. A few ups and downs of good days but mainly just SO much texture and milia.. & then of course the cystic acne. This was even before “maskne” was a thing.

i did allergy testing as well & cut out that stuff.

i have tried SO many products.. skinceuticals, drunk elephant, prescribed tretinoin, other retinols... I cut out all acid products for 3 weeks & it slightly toned down but still lots of cysts developing.  I’ve also tried curology.. & using a super basic face cleanser.

7C6D2816-81FC-4080-9296-6AE418DE14B0.jpeg

Re: Cystic/Milia/Acne HELP HELP HELP

Tretinoin takes awhile to kick in. I’m on month 3 and everything is finally starting to clear up, but I still have little bumps appear. The trick is to moisturize, which is counterintuitive when you have breakouts. I totally get it! You really have to commit to the process, and it’s so hard!!! I’m happy to tell you what I use if you’re interested.

Re: Cystic/Milia/Acne HELP HELP HELP

I tried to post a meatier reply a couple minutes ago but for some reason it didn’t take, so I’ll Cliffs Notes it:

1.) Even amidst what you’re going through with the acne/cysts, it’s clear you’re a beautiful young woman. Sincerely.

2.) The “so many products” element gives me pause. Are you cycling through these routines quickly? Are you changing more than one thing at a time? If so, the potential for irritation is strong and the potential for confusion is almost certain.

3.) Highly (highly) personal issue, but certain varieties of birth control can work wonders for acne. Whether there’s a boomerang effect, etc., I don’t know.

4.) As a person without much personal experience with derms, I’d still say find a new one.

Saying a prayer for you. Hang in there.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • 7C6D2816-81FC-4080-9296-6AE418DE14B0.jpeg
  • 27E63E63-9BD4-4F44-A70A-6AA939727CE9.jpeg
testing