Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

Any recommendations? I have combo skin with occasional hormonal breakouts.

Re: Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

Origins Clear Improvement is an oldie but it works really well! It's one of my faves because I feel like it actually works. And it's relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of other masks at Sephora.

I use clay masks 2-3 times/week, they are my favorite type of mask. I love glamglow supermud clearing treatment, but it's way too expensive to use that often. So I use lush Mask of Magnaminty (the original formula, not the self-preserving one), I buy a big pot that I keep in the fridge. The origins' one are pretty decent. But don't overthink it, mud masks are pretty straightforward, I never tried one that I truly hated.

Sephora Collection Clay Masks! You can get it based on need, and they are only $8 so you can multi-mask with them! Plus they come in some cute colors. Can't go wrong:)

RE: Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

Fresh's Umbrian Clay mask is great. It makes your skin feel super clean. Since you have combo skin a good trick is using the Rose Face Mask on top of it. Apply the Umbrian Clay Mask to oily and/or congested areas and wait 3-4 minutes. Using the Eborian Mask Brush apply the Rose Face Mask on top. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Note*The Mask may not dry out or harden since you will have the rose face mask on top. Hope this helps! Happy Masking!

I've tried the Fresh Rose Mask and I loved it! Looking forward to try the Umbrian one. Thanks!

NIOD's flavanone mud. I've really been loving it and it has amazing reviews, definitely one to consider, although it is a bit pricey 

RE: Re: Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

Interesting! I love Deciem. But I haven't try any of Niod's products. Will try to check it out. Thanks!

My roommate and I have gone NUTS over the fresh Umbrian clay mask. Try a sample you'll fall in love!!!

Been thinking of purchasing the fresh umbrian one. I'd heard so many amazing things about this mask! Hopefully it will work on me. Thanks for the reply!

I will! Planning to purchase it soon! Heard so many great things about it. I had also loved some of Fresh's products such as their Soy Face Cleanser and Rose Mask. Excited to try the umbrian one!

Re: RE: Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

You know, I've tried (and loved!) so many Fresh products, but somehow missed this one. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is one of my absolute favorite cleansers, and I adore their Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream. If you try out the Umbrian Clay Mask, please let us know how you like it! 🙂

Hi @CheskaG - here are some I've used for years and loved:

Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask - this is my hands down favorite. It's gentle but powerful. It never irritates my skin, nips any slight breakouts in the bud, and makes my skin glow. It has a beautiful clean clay/herbal scent. It is expensive, but a thin layer is all it takes. It lasts a long time, and if I ever find it to be drying out, a little spritz of their Queen of Hungary Mist is all it takes to revive it. Also, they've got a small travel sized jar available on their website if you'd like to try that before committing to a large jar.Omorovicza Deep Cleansing MaskOmorovicza Deep Cleansing MaskAromatherapy Associates Mattifying Deep Cleanse Face Mask - This is a close second. Like the Omorovicza, it is very gentle, clears up my skin, can be used the day before an event without causing breakouts, and leaves my skin clean without feeling tight or stripped. It has a subtle lavender scent mixed in with a clean clay, and doubles as an overnight spot corrector.Aromatherapy Associates Mattifying Deep Cleanse Face MaskAromatherapy Associates Mattifying Deep Cleanse Face Mask

Hope these help! 🙂

Hi there! Thanks for the reply! Highly appreciate it. The masks you mentioned all sounds amazing! Been wanting to clear those breakouts that just won't go away. Are they all available in sephora though?

Will definitely check them out! Thanks! Been on a hunt for a good mud mask to clear up my skin. The struggle is real! Lol The products you mentioned all sounds promising!

Re: RE: Re: Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

Hi @CheskaG - I got the Aromatherapy Associates from Net-A-Porter. I think you can get it at lots of other retailers, but sadly I don't think Sephora is one of them 😞

Sephora does sell Omorovicza, though! I believe (but could be mistaken!) that they only have the larger size mask (like around $120-ish?) right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got the smaller one ($32) soon. The Omorovicza direct site has them in their travel section, as well as an option for their mix-and-match travel box. But, the reason I think that Sephora might carry the little jar soon is they did that with their Queen of Hungary Mist. For the longest time, Sephora only sold the full size 100ml bottle, and the direct site sold that plus a 50ml limited edition bottle. Sephora now carries both, PLUS they just recently got the 30ml travel bottle that the direct site made available not too long ago. Since Sephora seems to be following in the direct site's footsteps, they might make the travel jar available soon, too! 

Let me know if you have any other questions about these two masks! They really are my favorites. As for other masks which are good that can be purchased at Sephora, my old favorite was Glamglow TingleExfoliate YouthMud. It works really well, but you do have to be careful when removing as the exfoliant is deceptively strong. If you aren't careful it can make your face a little red/raw. However, it never broke me out, and always made my face glow. But it was a love/hate relationship as I found it dried out in the jar far too quickly. Also, their mask in the white bottle is a fantastic overnight spot treatment, but far too strong and irritating for me to use as a mask. 😞 Such a shame since the anise scent is lovely. For those reasons, Omorovicza and Aromatherapy Associates replaced Glamglow as my new favorites.

I like the PTR Irish Moor mud mask and the Philosophy Purity clay mask. 

Which one do you think is better for breakouts?

Re: RE: Re: Currently looking for a good mud/clay mask

of those two, I would say the Philosophy purity clay.  It dries on the skin (compared to the PTR which does not) and really sucks up any oil and dry out pimples.  It also contains salicylic acid which is in a bunch of acne treatment products.  

My favorites -

Glamglow Cleansing Mud - the hardcore pore zapper, great for use before an event.  If you don't want to commit to the big expensive pot, you can get a set of five single-use packs on the Glamglow website!  I think Sephora also carries them around the holidays.  

Fresh Umbrian Clay - much gentler than the Glamglow, but still very effective.   Better suited for sensitive skin and/or more frequent use.  I like using this one after I've been on a plane!

Thanks! Might try the umbrian one! I tried the glamglow one but sadly it made me breakout more.
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
  • Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask
  • Aromatherapy Associates Mattifying Deep Cleanse Face Mask
testing