Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Creating A Solid Skincare Routine

Hey everyone, I'm trying to create a skincare routine that will target all of my problems. I have combination skin, but it's more on the dry side. Would like to eliminate pores, of course prevent aging and achieve healthy, glowing skin. So here is what I have created so far, would love if you could chime in and let me know if I should eliminate or add anything or if I have anything in the wrong order. Was also wondering people's thoughts about whether Vitamin C should be used in the am or pm, and if pm what would I have to take out so the vitamin c with aha could fit in. Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's a little complicated. AM: Cleanse W/ Water Acid Peel (Tuesdays) - The Ordinary Hyleronic Acid - The Ordinary Vitamin C - Tatcha 20% Vitamin C & 10% AHA Serum Oil - The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalane SPF - Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen PM: Double Cleanse - Tatcha Cleansing Oil & Deep Cleanse Violet C Mask (Thursdays) - Tatcha Essence - Tatcha Hyleronic Acid - The Ordinary Eye Cream - Tatcha Silk Peony Niacinamide - The Ordinary Pycnogenal (Everyday, except Thursdays) - The Ordinary Retinol - The Ordinary 0.2% in Squalane Moisterizer - Tatcha Water Cream Oil - The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil

Re: Creating A Solid Skincare Routine

Hi @ashleydonna ! The formatting of your list was transformed into one big paragraph (this seems to happen to BIC posts made via the Sephora app instead of the website). Just to make sure I’m correctly understanding your list, is this how it should look? I added comments/feedback in parentheses. 🙂 

Spoiler

About vitamin C: yep, it’s generally best to apply it in the morning so it can help protect your skin throughout the day. I like to think of my AM routine as prepping my skin for the day’s environmental stressors, and my PM routine as recovery and restoration. I mean, your skin can’t tell time—it doesn’t care what time of day it is. 😄 But if daytime is when you’re out and about the most, then that’s when your skin needs the most antioxidant power. 

RE: Creating A Solid Skincare Routine

I have a decent amount of thoughts. - 1. Do you currently have a skincare routine with actives (vitamin c, AHAs, BHAs, retinol, retinoid, etc)? If the answer is no, the routine you mentioned is almost guaranteed to cause your skin to get really sensitive. Build up to using multiple actives. Use one for a week or two, then add the next, so on and so on as long as your skin is not overreacting. It is much easier to add things slowly than to repair damage you caused by sensitizing your skin, I’m speaking from experience. - 2. That is a lot of products, different products, with different ingredients. I see nothing that is a bad product. Just so many products make it hard to pinpoint where things went wrong if they do go wrong. Also, add all products slowly. Spot test behind your ear or on your inner elbow in 24 hours before using on your face. Allergic reactions are not fun and the more ingredients you use the more likely you are to be sensitive to something. - 3. Because of the prior thoughts, I’d recommend you start simple. It’s easy to get carried away in skincare, there’s a lot of great stuff. For a started routine, I’d find a few things 1. A face wash 2. A am serum 3. A pm serum 4. A moisturizer 5. A sunscreen (maybe) 6. A night moisturizer. Oh, don’t forget an oil cleanser, too. It will get you results. Often less will get you better results with skincare. Consistency is where results come from.
Anonymous Insider

...Retinol is great for the “anti-aging”, use at night and go slow as it can cause irritation, you can layer with the water cream, and the rose hip oil.
Anonymous Insider

Hi Ashley... skin care is such a fun fun journey 😀 Pores and glowing skin... okay so Vitamin C is best when paired with E and Ferulic Acid to keep it stable, so perhaps look into an combo serum. Vitamin C works best applied in daytime, as it works to fight off the “free radicals”, (pollution, etc.). It is best to start off with a low concentration and work up. I believe there are products from 10% to 20%. Always wear your sunscreen as well. For pores, Niacinamide is a great option. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Plus Zinc 1%, I have personally used. It works also to combat mild breakouts. Start slow and in small doses as to avoid skin irritation. Hope that was somewhat helpful. If you have more questions, Hit me up. Best wishes Ashley!!!🙂
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing