Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Consult

I’m 43 & a natural redhead with blue eyes. Since starting menopause, I’ve had wicked melasma as well as disheartening marionette lines & crows feet. I’ve tried everything short of going under the knife or the needle. I’m looking for skincare solutions.

thanks fam!

Re: Consult

For melasma or hyperpigmentation issues in general, try Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Dark Spot serum. Not sure if that is the exact name, but it’s amazing. Sephora usually has it in a set too, the moisturizer in that line is great. I tried it after a recommendation from a Sephora employee. She said it was the only thing that worked for her melasma. I also really like Amore Pacific Youth Revolution serum, but it is crazy expensive and I only get it when it’s on sale, which is rare. The NuFace helps with lifting/firming, but you have to be consistent and it’s time consuming, so don’t get it if you won’t use it 3-5 days a week. I’m obsessed with red light therapy, it brightens the skin and helps fade dark spots, but again, you have to be consistent. I also use tretinion, but it can be a bit harsh. Also, always always always wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun. It’s a never ending battle to keep your skin looking nice, but it’s worth it. I’m 54 and have always taken good care of my skin, but it’s impossible to turn back the clock too far. Also, don’t rule out Xeomin. I use it in my forehead and crows feet, and it works like no cream ever will. Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing