Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Combo Skin Problem

If you are up for a challenge...I have one for you. I need to find a new skin care routine.

I have predominantly dry skin with a few oily patches. I deal with acne scares, redness, and large pores. I usually do wear makeup so I am looking for a good routine that will also compliment my makeup routine. Any suggestions from cleaners to moisturizers will be helpful and I am open to anything! 

Re: Combo Skin Problem

Hi @AriannaaT ! I’d start with the Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL , which I love! Then use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL . Niacinimide is an amazing ingredient for acne scars and texture and even skin tone! I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL , which is so soothing and hydrating 💧 I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 😊

@LilaMJ Thank you so much. This is very helpful! 

I was just wondering your thoughts on a good SPF to use. Anything from Sephora or even drugstore that you would recommend? 

Also, thoughts on retinol? I have read different opinions so I just wanted to see if you would know anything about it.

Thank you so much!

@AriannaaT My pleasure, I’m so happy to help! Yeah for sunscreens, Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a popular choice, but Cerave also has great options, like their moisturizing lotion with spf. Retinol is great because it helps with acne, dullness, and anti aging. However, it can cause skin irritation and sensitivity. For this reason, if you are planning on using retinol, start slow! See if your skin becomes irritated or dry. Retinol also increases sun sensitivity, so a sunscreen will be extra important. Feel free to ask me anything any time! I seriously love it so much! 💕

tarte SEA Set & Protect Mineral Sunscreen Powder Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is also helpful for wearing over makeup @AriannaaT !

@AriannaaT I’ve also heard great things about COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL , so that might be a good product to consider 😊☀️

Thank you so so much @LilaMJ !! 

As for retinol, is there any products that you would recommend?

@AriannaaT Hope you’re having a nice afternoon! I’d suggest Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL for a once to twice a week treatement! This is an a,axing brand and you can also buy an eye mask from them! The thing I’ve noticed about retinol products though is that they are pretty expensive Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL .

Hope you are having a good evening! 

I was actually looking into the avocado face mask so I am glad that you recommended it!

Quick question, if you wear makeup, what foundation and primer combination would you recommend for combo skin @LilaMJ ? 

Thank you!!

Good morning @AriannaaT ! I actually do not wear makeup, but I did some research for you:

First of all, the Rare Beauty Foundations and Primer is pretty popular, I’ve watched many reviews and people say they they last in your face, and they also have many different shades, so most skin tones would be able to shop it. The Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation 445 is a hydrating product, so if you find that you’re struggling with dryness, this would be a good foundation. Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation 4 Cool are meant to withstand sweat and are really light so they won’t break you out. If you would prefer a powder foundation, there is an amazing brand called Bare Minerals, which has lots of pmrosucts for acne prone skin and sensitive skin, to create products that don’t irritate your skin! I’d suggest the Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15. So, go with the Fenty Beauty one if you’re looking for something hydrating, the Dior foundation for long lasting and light, the Rare Beauty I would suggest the primer, and the bare minerals foundation if you want something light that won’t break you out (it also has spf, added bonus!). I hope this was helpful! As always, let me know if you have any questions ❤️

@LilaMJ This is super helpful! Thank you for all of your help. I will be sure to pick up these items on my next Sephora run.

Just as a last question, what are some of your Sephora favourites or must haves in any category? I am always looking to try new things 🙂 

@AriannaaT I love GLAMGLOW Mini SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask , it’s a detox mask that a do once a week. It’s amazing at preventing breakouts and balancing my skin (I have oily skin). Have a lovely morning 💕 (and I’m always here for questions!)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing