cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Closed comedones or Skin purging?? ๐Ÿšจhelp

hi babes, my skin is oily and I have hormonal breakouts here and there, itโ€™s never been bad and I donโ€™t have sensitive skin. My skin care routine before was just face wash and moisturizer for the last 20 years. Ive been recently (3weeks) using the inkey list salicylic acid in the AM with my the ordinary azelaic acid followed by the ordinary moisturizer and purito sunscreen.
My night time routine is the Youth to the people face wash, and I use the ordinary Niacinamide10%, and Lactic Acid 10% throughout the week rotating them within the days (I donโ€™t layer them with each other) Followed by my Moisturizer. I also use the the ordinary AHA BHA once a week by itโ€™s self.  Now I wanna know am I having closed comedones or skin purging 

#

#

#

#

#

Closed comedones or Skin purging?? ๐Ÿšจhelp

Closed comedones are just clogs under the skin that haven't been infected, so it is possible that you're experiencing both. Using an acid on twenty years of undisturbed pores is going to shake some things up. Some of those clogs are going to turn into whiteheads, and some may just surface and be resolved without ever getting infected. Your routine sounds solid, so keep moving slowly and treat the whiteheads as you get them. I like the pink powder liquid treatments like Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Sulfur is fantastic for healing, so if you want, you can look for a sulfur/mud mask to help the healing along. I believe Sunday Riley makes one, but there must be cheaper ones. The Queen Helene Mint Julep mask we all scoff at in the drugstore works great. I know purging stinks and it's depressing, but it's just something you've got to get through.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Closed comedones or Skin purging?? ๐Ÿšจhelp

It really does stink Iโ€™ve never had problems with my skin so itโ€™s all new , but Thank you so much bby  ! I will definitely give it a try 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing