cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Cleansing Balm Comparison

Hello Hello!

I know it's still fairly new, but wondering if anyone has opinions on Farmacy Green Clean vs. the new Drunk Elephant Slaai Butter Cleanser? 

Best,

EG

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

Re: Cleansing Balm Comparison

Hi EG, 

I have not tried the Drunk Elephant balm, but I use Green Clean daily and love it. It is quite cleansing and removes all my makeup. I was dealing with a lot of eyelid irritation before I started Green Clean, and it has helped so much. I would highly recommend it, but like I said, I haven't tried the other to compare. 

I've used Farmacy Green Clean, Clinique Take the Day Off, and just bought the new Slaai balm. This is my comparison:

I liked the consistency of Farmacy, but the citrus oils irritate my skin a bit and cause slight redness. I suspect they're in there for a "natural fragrance." Otherwise it felt great and if citrus doesn't irritate you, it's a fine choice. 

I've used Clinique for years and while it absolutely gets the job done with no irritants, sometimes it can be a tad drying and if you get it in your eyes, it can blur vision for a short time.

I've been using Slaai this week. No fragrances or citrus oils, so it doesn't irritate. It washes cleanly off, no film or eye blurring. And my skin doesn't feel stripped after. It actually feels a bit softer? Haven't added in the exfoliating powder yet, but I'm liking the balm a lot. The magnetic spoon on top is really smart. I never liked digging my fingers into the jars.

@Girlvetica We have the same thoughts about each one!  @EthanGrey 

I also love Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser 's magnetic packaging + spoon. Also if you calculate the price per ounce of each cleansing balm:  

Clinique: $7.76/oz

DE: $8.76/oz

Farmacy: $10.63/oz

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing