Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Clarisonic

Looking for thoughts on the clarisonic. My face is dull and very uneven and I need something that with brighten tone and even out my skin tone

RE: Clarisonic

Get a really good exfoliator.rocky mountain soap company has a great skin polish.

RE: Clarisonic

Foreo is much better

Re: Clarisonic

For me I felt as if my Clarisonic took my makeup off well, but I felt like it almost made my acne worse. I have sensitive skin and had the special head for sensitive skin, but it still was irritating. My skin cleared up a lot once I stopped using it, and now i use it once a week to exfoliate. I think it would be good for someone with normal, non-sensitive skin.

I've been using a Clarisonic for about 3 years or so and can definitely tell a difference in my skin. I forgot to bring it on vacation a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to get back home so I could wash my face properly. The Clarisonic isn't meant to even out your skin's texture on it's own though. It helps cleanse your skin thoroughly so your products work better. You may get a bit of physical exfoliation, but it won't do anything too dramatic. You'll feel the difference the first time you're using it, but unless you're using other products in your skin care it won't get any better than that. For me, the Clarisonic is just one part of my skin care, just as my moisturizer, serums, and treatments are, but an important part. 

I've been using one for years and I find that it takes off my make up better than if I were to use my cleanser manually. That being said, I don't think that using one has helped with my skin's texture or dullness. I also think that you could achieve the same level of cleaning if you washed your face with cleanser and then used a cotton pad and micellar water to get any left over debris. 

What I have found has helped with dullness and uneven skin texture: Products! For example,  I love the Estée Lauder advanced night repair serum. I also use La Mer concentrate for problem areas from time to time -- but I am sure you can find more affordable products that do the trick. Honestly, skipping on make up on the weekends also helps. 

@Kathleennn This was a big topic on the boards years ago.  Maybe you can search the old threads for some good conversations.  QVC host Jill Bauer says she's stake her career on it.  But my fave beauty review source, beautypedia.com, reported that their experts didn't see much of a difference when compared to traditional washing.  I guess you'll have to see for yourself and decide if the price is worth it.  Good luck!

I used the clarisonic for a few years, but gave it up when I found chemical exfoliates (glycolic acid) worked better for me.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing