Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Clarisonic Mia 2 & cleanser(s)

Hey, ya'll! I'm new to the community AND Sephora. I ordered a Clarisonic Mia 2 (arriving this evening! =D) and have been browsing the site for a cleanser to use along with it. I've been wanting a Clarisonic tool for over 4 years and my recent skin issue convinced me that I "need" one; otherwise, I'd feel guilty splurging.

I've been using Burt's Bees products for a while, and my skin loves them. For my "super" deep cleansers, I've always alternated between Noxzema and Cetaphil which clear my breakouts within days. I exfoliate weekly and use a clay mask. I've never had issues with acne or dry/oily skin and the only breakouts I have are around the time of my cycle and detoxing. However, I've been working out more than usual for the past month and follow-up with one of my deep cleansers as I always have, but my skin is suffering. I figured my body is purging more toxins but... 😞 my skin isn't recovering; I have dark spots and fine bumps on my forehead and cheeks, a couple of larger bumps along my jawline aaand the pores on my face closer to my nose look like craters! I still haven't noticed my skin be oily or dry, just these nuisances that decided they're here for the long haul.

I'm going to try my staples with my new gadget and I'm hoping the Clarisonic helps, but wanted to ask what cleansers you guys are using and if anyone had any suggestions just in case.

Re: Clarisonic Mia 2 & cleanser(s)

Hi @crankyturtle (awesome name, btw!!) - glad you're loving your Clarisonic, and awesome job working out!! (Fellow workout junkie here, so love to encourage others!) 😄

Like many of the other replies, I typically use a gentle cleanser with my Clarisonic Plus. I love Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, Omorovicza Cleansing Foam, and Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser. Definitely let the device do a majority of the work, and gradually work up to more uses until you find a routine that works for you. I started every other day for a week, then daily, then gradually moved up to morning and night with the sensitive brush head. Also, since the device does so much, I find I don't need to use a ton of product to get a good result! For best results, continue your skincare regimen after cleansing.

As for your skin not enjoying your workout routine, some of it could be due to the type of workout/conditions. For example, are you doing a really sweat-inducing workout while wearing a lot of makeup/hair product? I go to a hot yoga class after work, and I always notice a change in my skin for the worse if I'm running late and don't have time to remove my makeup first. I'm not a big fan of makeup removing wipes, but always try to leave a packet in my gym bag for just this situation. Ideally, when I get changed I like to keep a mini bottle of micellar water and cotton rounds to really remove everything, but there isn't always time. And of course I give my face another wipe with micellar water post-workout if a proper shower has to wait til I get home (no showers at the studio, sadly). Maybe see if you can examine your own routine to discover similar ways that could help keep your skin happy while keeping fit. Good luck!! 🙂

RE: Re: Clarisonic Mia 2 & cleanser(s)

Thank you! I've been using it every evening after my intense workouts since I got it. When I first got it, I toyed with it on my hand and noticed that there seemed to be a louder buzz when pressed too hard. I love it. All I have to do it hold it gently against my skin and move it around because it does all the work. Good tip on the make-up, but I barely know how to properly create a decent line with eye-liner LOL depending on the place, I wear eyeshadow &/or mascara on dates with my hubby. I usually only use a leave-in for my hair unless I have to apply oil to my ends when unbraiding or untwisting. I think my skin reacted that way because of the buildup that was being left behind. Since having my Mia 2, my skin has bounced back like it did before I started incorporating 2-a-days. I was really worried that I would have to switch my skincare products because they wouldn't work well with the Clarisonic but they surprised me! I've been using the same products for what feels like forever and really didn't want to give them up. I posted a before & after pic of my forehead & jaws--those results were after a little over a week with my Clarisonic. I really can't wait to see how my skin does overtime with the tool. I ordered some new brush heads already to change out when the time comes. I wash my face with my creamy Burt's Bees wash in the morning then moisturize with my Burt's Bees moisturizer. I use my deep cleanser at night & exfoliate once a week followed by my clay mask. I added the MIA to my nighttime routine and it really has made a ton of difference. I've found that I like applying my cleansers to my face then using my Clarisonic instead of applying them directly to the brush head. I even detached the middle of the brush to use around my nose. I may try some of yalls suggestions of cleansers in the future 👍🏾...if I can work up the nerve to try something new

RE: Clarisonic Mia 2 & cleanser(s)

1 week update 😱 Forehead, left, right

Any smooth cleanser. Philosophy purity made simple is what I use most with the Clarisonic. Also remember to allow the device to do the work, don't add extra pressure; ease into using it as well.

@crankyturtle

@TrysBeautyItems Thank you! I toyed around with it for a bit last night before using it with one of my deep cleansers. I felt the brush on my hand & noticed that when I pressed too hard, there was a louder "buzz". You are so right about letting it do the work! I felt spoiled; all I did was held it lightly against my face and moved it around-- it did everything for me. I used the delicate option last night and again this morning with my Burt's Bees daily cleanser. I noted the Philosophy cleanser you mentioned. I'm thinking about only using my Clarisonic during my nighttime routine since I workout in the evenings.

Hi @crankyturtle,

I love using the Clarisonic and have found that I like to use more " basic" or "gentle" cleansers with it. Like the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. There are no oils or exfoliating beads in it. I find that using these types of cleansers don't wear the brush down as fast but still cleanse my face really well. 

I find that if I use a cleanser that exfoliates it can be a little rough on the skin but I use the Deep Pore Brush Head so it is going to provide a deeper clean. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thanks, @JaneanBT! I don't plan on using my Clarisonic with an exfoliating cleanser...I'm scared it may may my skin feel raw. I used it with my Noxzema last night and my face felt sooo good. Like wind blowing through your hair...that's what my face felt like. It was cool like it was before I increased my workouts. I felt like my staples probably had a chance at a comeback lol I really like my Mia 2 & am excited to see how my skin reacts to it over time.

The Clarisonic works best with foaming, cream, and oil cleansers. Don't use any that are gritty or exfoliating. My favorite is L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil. I put the cleanser on a dryish face (I say "dryish" because I do it in the shower my face isn't 100% dry, but I don't wet it any more than it's gotten just by being under the running water) and rub it in. Then I take the Clarisonic and wet the brush, then use it over my face. For cream or foaming cleansers, you can place it directly on the brush and use it on a wet face. 

I appreciate the tips on how to use the different cleansers 🙂 Thanks a ton! 

I searched for the L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil and saved it to my faves to revisit later. I use oils whenever I run out of my make-up remover pads to remove eye shadow or mascara; I had no idea that oil cleansers were a real thing so this is exciting to learn

No problem! I've used a variety of different cleansers with my Clarisonic and I think I've found my HG in the L'Occitane. I feel like it's balanced my combo skin, but is still super effective at removing makeup. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing