Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Chemical exfoliaters

Hello!

I recently just purchased Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Night Serum as well as Ren's Ready Steady Glow AHA Toner. If am using the Framboos serum at night and the glow toner in the morning, am I over exfoliating?

REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 8.5 oz / 250 mL DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum

Re: Chemical exfoliaters

Whether or not that's too much exfoliation is very personal to your own skin, @kellent. Some people can handle daily use of multiple exfoliants. For others, using one exfoliator just once a week is plenty. The most important thing is to pay attention to how your skin reacts. If you're new to chemical exfoliants, I'd highly recommend scaling back until you've given your skin a change to adjust to the new items. But if you've been using these types of products for a while and don't experience adverse effects, then keep on, keepin' on.

Thank you!

What's your skin type and are you new to acids? @kellent 

Over exfoliating, possibly. 

My skin type is combination to normal depending on the season. I also have acne prone skin as well. After using these products, I have noticed my skin looks a bit more oily but almost a "glow" look from what the product states!

And I have used Sunday Riley's Good Genes in the past so have have had exposure to acids, I've just been wanting to try new products.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing