Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Cetaphil cleanser

Okay. I use cetaphil's cleanser because it works on every skin no matter what. Honestly. Anyone. But seriously, do I need something more than a wash that cleans my face? Should I be looking for more?

Hey denden!  When using a cleanser like Cetaphil, your go...

Hey denden!

When using a cleanser like Cetaphil, your going to remove dirt and oil as well as balance the PH of your skin. It's best to first remove your make-up that way the cleanser can clean your skin and do it's job. I love Sephora Collection cleansing wipes. They are hypo-allergenic and contain an ingredient called Hydrosen +  which will help your skin maintain moisture levels and prevent overdrying. They retail at a killer $9! They're also great for your gym bag, or in the morning when you maybe don't need to use a full on cleanser to prep your skin.

Hope that helps!

<3Julia

Does it thoroughly cleanse your face without overdrying o...

Does it thoroughly cleanse your face without overdrying or breaking it out? if yes, then that's your cleanser and you probably don't need more. If you get large pores/blackhead etc you can add a gentle scrub. If you get really oily even 4hrs after washing your face, you can add a clay mask or switch to a lighter moisturizer.

Personally I have combo skin and hated Cetapil. It feels like it leaves a filmy residue on my skin and doesn't feel clean. Then it breaks me out when I put moisturizer on.

I've never understood why a brand can say a skin care pro...

I've never understood why a brand can say a skin care product is for "all skin types" when an oily person like me has different needs than a dry person. At night, you'll want a cleansing milk to dissolve your makeup (you won't believe it until you see it happen) but that won't strip your skin. By day, you'll want to use a gel cleanser.

Re: I've never understood why a brand can say a skin care pro...

@Jennypenny1995 I agree that when they say that it can be misleading. Generally, they mean combo skin, combo/oily and combo/dry, but for truly dry or oily skin it's usually not the best choice.

One of the first signs of skin trauma is irritation. Irri...

One of the first signs of skin trauma is irritation. Irritation can lead to wrinkles, discoloration and imbalance of the skin. This is why a lot of anti-aging skin cleansers contain olive extract, chamomile, tea, mushroom etc. So, back to your question if you need something "more" for your skin, think about what your current cleanser is doing. Does it seem to "soothe" your skin or does your skin need brief recovery after cleansing, such as using a moisturizer to get rid of dryness. I am personally a big Cetaphil fan, but I prefer the Antibacterial Cleansing Bar to the gel cleanser. It leaves my skin more balanced than the gel cleanser. It is a cheap, milky bar that removes stubborn impurities and cleans clogged pores yet leaves skin soothed and soft. If you are worried about needing more, try adding a little bit of Oatmeal to your Cetaphil routine. Apply the gel all over your face and apply softened wet oatmeal to the skin. Gently massage in it and rinse well. Not only will it help your cleanser remove dead skin cells, the plant extract of it is known to soothe the skin. And of course, don't forget to make sure your skin is hydrated by drinking water and perhaps using a moisturizer at night.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors