Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Cannabis oil. Yay or Nay?

I’ve been so stressed and low on energy this past week, resulting in me slacking on my skincare routine so now I have a few hormonal breakouts (super painful might I add) but i’m not spazzing because i’m really excited to see how much of a difference cannabis oil can make. Cannabis oil has claimed to reduce redness and inflammation, reduce discomfort and soothe stressed skin. The cannabis oil i’ll be using is the ‘Kiehls Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil’ which has a low comedogenic rating (unlikely to clog pores) therefore, in addition to the previously stated benefits, this oil should actually be adding moisture to the skin and locking in hydration instead of just sitting on it. This is an additional factor in combatting the hormonal breakout because stress hormones causes the skin to overproduce oil but hydrated skin promotes balance. I’m super excited to observe how my skin will react but what’re your experiences with cannabis oil? I’d love to hear them!

Re: Cannabis oil. Yay or Nay?

@abyyyy  I’ve used Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil for the last 4 months and my skin’s in love with it. I have mostly-dry combo skin with some inflammation issues: I have some surface redness, and certain ingredients make my skin throw a red (and sometimes itchy) bumpy and/or flaky/scaly tantrum. For me, this oil helps tremendously with all of that. In addition to CBD, it contains neem, turmeric, and borago officinalis extracts, all of which are good skin soothers. And this oil is very moisturizing without swamping my oily zone. It’s my favorite facial oil. 

I’ve also tried Lord Jones Royal Oil 1000mg Pure CBD Oil via a DS I got as a Sephora promo. It contains too much grapeseed oil for my skin: it’s too viscous and feels greasy, even on my dry zones. I also think it’s waaaay overpriced. I’d much rather use the Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil and get far more antioxidant bang for my buck, plus a better oil viscosity. 

I’ve never tried Kiehl's Since 1851 Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate (Hemp-Derived)because it contains peppermint, geranium, and lemongrass oils, plus linalool and limonene; those are all ingredients I try to avoid, but having all of them in a single product would send my skin straight into bad reaction mode. But I hope it works well for you! If not, another non-CBD option is Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil: I received a bottle of this one as gratis from Sephora last year, and I use it as a body oil. For me, it doesn’t calm irritation/inflammation nearly as well as the CBD version, but it is very moisturizing and contains some good antioxidants. First Aid Beauty also makes one, but I haven’t tried it so I can’t speak to it—but maybe someone else can. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors