Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Can you use the Sunday Riley A+ Retinol with the CEO 15% vitamin C serum together?

I am a very new user to retinol products. I would like to know if it’s safe to use both the A+ retinol with the CEO 15% vitamin C serum together 

Re: Can you use the Sunday Riley A+ Retinol with the CEO 15% vitamin C serum together?

@Macy1995 You can use them at the same time, depending on how your skin tolerates them. For some, using both in the same routine may lead to irritation, but for others it's not an issue especially since the CEO serum is a vitamin C derivative. Layering them DOES NOT make either of them ineffective. In fact, recent scientific research has shown that they both work well together. 

Re: Can you use the Sunday Riley A+ Retinol with the CEO 15% vitamin C serum together?

Layering them in single use will make each less effective  - for best results: use the vitamin C in the morning (after toner, before moisturizer) and the retinol at night (after toner, before moisturizer). 

Also keep in mind that both may have to be ‘built up’ to every day wear if they aren’t something you have been using already. I don’t have sensitive skin AT ALL and both were kinda harsh on my skin when I first tried to wear them daily instead of every other day to start. 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing