Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Can anyone recommend a mineral sunscreen that won’t make me break out?

Unless I am informed otherwise, I think mineral sunscreens are better - for skin, health, environment. BUT I’ve had a very difficult time finding a mineral sunscreen that doesn’t separate my foundation and make me break out. I recently tried the juice beauty oil free sunscreen and I’ve never broken out so badly. I have combination dry rosácea skin. So I’m already prone to irritation. Help! And if you have any tips on helping my skin recover from this terrible reaction to juice beauty’s sunscreen, I’d appreciate that too!

Re: Can anyone recommend a mineral sunscreen that won’t make me break out?

As a Licensed Esthetician My favorites are mineral powder Sunscreens with a little color in them. Also, that are in their own tube container with a brush so it can be used to set makeup or used by itself and most of the brushes I have found aren’t the best so I keep a travel kabuki brush and tap powder into the lid and use kabuki to roll into the t zone and pat on face then lightly sweep all over to blend and makeup is set all day and sunscreen with no flashback if it has color. Only one I like PTR brand but don’t see it anymore here so #tarte mineral powder sunscreen 

@amber0415 SUPERGOOP! - 100% Mineral Smooth & Poreless Matte Screen SPF 40

@amber0415  I really like COOLA - Mineral Face Matte Tint Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 I use it all year round. I’ve got very sensitive skin and I break out easy and this works amazing for me. 

I looovvee that Coola sunscreen too! I've only went through 2 tubes and currently using australian gold's mineral sunscreen (coola is so pricey :()

@amber0415 I know Juice Beauty is notorious for adding lots of citrus oils and extracts to their products, which can be very irritating to the skin. I personally really like the JOSIE MARAN - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 though it does have some fragrance. Maybe try the Supergoop! 100% Mineral Zincscreen Lotion SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Hi @amber0415,

I recommend the TARTE - Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30. It's very lightweight and great for travel. It also comes in a liquid form which is great for applying underneath makeup.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing