Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Can I use Good Genes with Differin??

I started using differin OTC for my acne and since I started that I stopped using my Good Genes. Can I add Good Genes back into my regimin?? I'm not using a serum right now bc I don't know what I should/shouldn't use. If I can use GG, do I use it before or after the Differin?? TIA!!!

Re: Can I use Good Genes with Differin??

@MonthlyObsessed I looked up Good Genes by Sunday Riley on beautypedia.com, and it seems like this particular AHA may be a little harsh with Differin.  If you are interested, maybe you could speak with your MD or try it out on a small amount of skin.  Here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/good-genes-all-in-one-lactic-acid-treatment-P309308?skuId=1887298&keyword=P30...

I alternate using Differin one night and my AHA/glycolic serum (Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos) on the other night. I was using Differin for about 9-10 months before I started incorporating the AHA, though. How have you been ramping up your use of the Differin? I would maybe start with one every two days to see how your skin reacts, eventually ramping up to alternating nights. It is not recommended to use them on the same night.

Hi! I want to try this! So you just switch off between the two? Ive been using tkc framboos every night...

RE: Can I use Good Genes with Differin??

I would use or the other. To much exfoliating will damage the skin

I would really not use them together especially if you use Differin all over the face-- too harsh and you run the risk of overexfoliating and irritating your skin. Maybe try alternating nights instead, if you feel that you need both.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing