Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Bumpy/textured skin

Hello,

Please excuse my username, I made this account when I was 13 and going through a phase. I’ve had an issue with bumpy/textured skin for a really long time now and it never seems to go away. Any tips? Thanks guys!

Re: Bumpy/textured skin

What skincare products are you currently using, @Anonymous? And what's your skin type?

Anonymous Insider

Sorry I forgot to add- I use cetaphil. 

Anonymous Insider

Mario Badescu aloe, herbs and rosewater and oil free moisturizer with spf 15 sunscreen

So, no cleanser yet, @Anonymous? That's where you'll want to start then, with a gentle gel or cream cleanser. Here are a few to consider: philosophy Purity Made Simple First Aid Beauty Mini Pure Skin Face Cleanser 2 oz/ 56.7 g fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser If your texture is being caused by clogged pores, I'd then consider adding in an oil cleanser and a BHA/salicylic acid serum once you have your base routine down. If your texture is related to scarring, an AHA (either lactic or glycolic acid) serum would be a better option. 

Anonymous Insider

My skin’s pretty normal and I just use a hydrating jelly from Clinique, Mario Badescu and a moisturizer from neutrogena

Which Mario Basdescu and which Neutrogena moisturizer, @Anonymous? I ask for specifics so that we can know what ingredients you're already using. Using too much of certain ones can irritate your skin and we don't want to overload your skin with actives if you're already using them. A basic routine should be cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. You may already have those covered, I just want to be sure before suggesting any treatments so you don't accidentally irritate or damage your skin. 

Hi @Anonymous ! I’d suggest using a product with Niacinimide, which helps with skin texture and evening skin tone. It will also helps with breakouts! The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL . I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Anonymous Insider

Thank you!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing