Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Bumpy/Textured Skin Solutions?

Hi there! I’m looking for some skincare advice. I’ve been struggling with my skin basically since puberty and while I’ve finally managed to control my acne breakouts, my skin still looks so bumpy right around the apples of my cheeks and my temples. I feel like it’s especially noticeable if I use shimmery foundation/blush, and in photos with flash or my ring light. I can’t tell if it’s acne scars or if my pores are just that big, but when I look up close it’s hard for me to see any blackheads or anything that might be causing the issue. Does anyone have skincare recommendations that will help smooth out my skin or primers so that my foundations will give me that perfect flawless finish? As a side note, I am very consistent in my skincare and I have a twice a day routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing. I typically use hyaluronic acid/Vitamin C/brightening serums in the morning and a purifying/exfoliating/brightening mask at night (around 3 times a week before bed). I have typically dry skin and I turn red easily if my skin is irritated. The only drastic difference I’ve seen from trying so many new products is that the Rose Gold Mask at Sephora made my skin noticeably more smooth than usual, especially around my forehead. But I’m looking for a solution that I can integrate into my daily routine/do multiple times a week.

Re: Bumpy/Textured Skin Solutions?

Why YES I most certainly do have a recommendation! I literally just wrote a review today for a product I just finished that would help you with this exact issue. It worked beautifully for me, and for some people it also helps with redness. It specifically is marketed to help with redness, but it didn't with me. But I would and will be buying it again regardless because of how smooth it made my cheeks.

Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL

Is it like, indent acne scars? If the texture is from deep acne scars, then I'm pretty sure there's no way to fix that with products. If you're talking about like whitehead type bumps and pigmented acne scars, I think AHAs and vitamin C are supposed to help with that! You said you already use a vitamin C, and you should be able to use a gentle AHA like lactic acid every night. It's also important to stay super moisturized and wear sunscreen every day. Good luck!!

Try shaving your face. I just did it this morning. Leaves your skin smooth, brighter and it dosent grow back thick and course. I had the same problems as you! Hope this helps 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing