Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Bumps on chin and nose

Hey guys, so I was wondering if anyone could figure out whag I have and what I can use to remove these little suckers. I have these bumps under my chin,on my chin and nose. On my nose they look like clogged pores or elevated pores. When I rub them they come off almost like dead skin. I’ve tried everything to remove them, facial scrub, vitamin c with ferulic acid, a toner for sensitive Skin and moisturizer. Nothing seems to be working. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Bumps on chin and nose

Hi! I would reccomend using a gentle cleanser for acne like the Kate Somerville Eradikate Daily Cleanser. Another good idea would be exfoliating! It looks like you have clogged pores and congested skin, which causes these texture issues. I had a similar thing, and exfoliating really helped me. If you didn't know, exfoliation is removing dead skin cells that create build up. I hope this helps! Have a great day 🙂

RE: Bumps on chin and nose

Try using a skin spatula you can get them on amazon for pretty cheap!

RE: Bumps on chin and nose

My sister gets texture like this frequently. I gave her one of my favorites, the Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads and it works great to help smooth out the texture. Chemical exfoliators are great for this kind of texture. It will break down and dissolve the dead skin. Chemical exfoliators are gentle enough to use everyday without irritation like a scrub or a mask. Another great chemical exfoliator would be the Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder or the Sephora Collection Glycolic Acid wipes. Daily GENTLE exfoliation is key with a situation like this. Plus, use a lightweight water-based moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and prevent dead skin buildup. I like the YTTP Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream.

Hi,  do you use lip products or makeup underneath your mask? You have to use light skincare, no serum, and no makeup. I stopped using lipstick or balm because it was causing zits around my mouth under my surgical masks. I've also switched masks! I've put my maskne advice here Maskne Advice 

Best of luck girl, we'll get through it together 👐

Have you tried a chemical exfoliant yet? A solid AHA can help dissolve the "glue" that's holding all the dead skin cells together and are usually a good bet for skin texture. There are a ton at different levels of strength 

The Ren actually comes in a mini set with a vitamin c gel cream and glycolic mask that could also help REN Clean Skincare Glow One Step Further 

RE: Re: Bumps on chin and nose

Thank you! I’ll look into these, so far the Ordinary and honeymoon glow look very promising. I’m thinking the masks are clogging up my pores, I’ve never had these before and it’s only on my chin and nose area.

Re: RE: Re: Bumps on chin and nose

@Pocahontas92 maskne is a real thing! you might also want to reduce your makeup on that portion of the face, make sure to clean your mask a LOT and invest in pimple patches (the Cosrx ones are great and cheap and then zitsticka are a bit more expensive but also more effective) 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing