Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Breaking out help!!

I am needing help! I need recommendations on what to use to help with acne while trying to conceive. I am breaking out since being off birth control and my retinoid. I am currently using Cerave hydrating cleanser morning/night, glycolic acid as a toner at night and then Cerave nighttime moisturizer. Thank you!!

RE: Breaking out help!!

Sometimes benzoyl peroxide is the best choice. Start slow , hydrate the skin well, use an antioxidant serum during the day and sunscreen. Takes a while to start working (it’s not a 1 week miracle worker). Seriously my pregnancy acne was bad and every blog from aestheticians’ was like benzoyl peroxide is bad and drying so won’t work. Well screw that. It’s proven to work but brands don’t like it because it’s a cheap and effective acne treatment. Sephora didn’t have benzoyl peroxide for a long time.. but drugstore kinds are just as good. Paula’s choice is always nice too.

Breaking out help!!

@kelseydh I love using peace out acne dots along with Paula's choice acne cleanser, toner and spot treatment

Also looks like your acne would benefit from the peace out acne healing dots since why’re big spots very spread out, another savior for me.

Girl I’ve been going through it too. Peter Thomas Roth sulphur acne mask!!!!! I’ve been using it nightly for 10 days. It draws everything to the surface. My little bumps disappeared, the big cysts got worse before they got better but everything has come up and healed on it’s own with no picking from me. I also love the Caudalie vino pure serum. It’s not drying or irritating at all. The herbivore jasmine green tea toner is great but it smells not great, I think it’s worth it tho. All of these things are worth the price for sure and you get a lot in the container.

Hi. I’ve been using the “original’s Rose hip seed oil” and it’s helped me majorly. I’ve had so many acne scars from being pregnant and since then that this is literally the only thing making it go away. Plus I’ve haven’t had a new pimple on my face since then. I put it on my face at night about every other night and there was a major difference after a month. Best thing is, it’s so cheap (compared to everything else at Sephora).

Ok! Thank you! Do you put this on after or before moisturizer?
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing