Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Body cream/lotion for dry/ashy/sun damaged skin

Hi all-

I am searching for a body lotion to help my dry skin. I have used various lotions and none of them seem to keep my skin moisturized. I exfoliate my body a couple of times a week and also dry brush. I put lotion on my skin right  after showering to increase moisture. Nothing seems to work. I know what to do. I just need the right product to work with.

I really need a lotion to combat my dry skin and bring it back to life. My hands, arms and legs look way older than I am. I have used OTC lotions with AHAs, but cannot find my holy grail. (Amlactin, Cerave, Hempz, etc).

Lotions and creams feel good when I put them on, but as soon as it sinks in my skins looks dry again. I realize that my skin is sun damaged, but is there a serum/oil/cream/ lotion or combination of things that work for you? Do you also have a preferred sunscreen that works wonders? All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Re: Body cream/lotion for dry/ashy/sun damaged skin

Hi, I too have dry skin issues like you. And I think you need a good moisturizing cream that gives you instant and lasting hydration. I have been using Cetaphil moisturizing cream for more than one year. And I am extremely satisfied with the result. This #moisturizing body cream helps to improve the resilience of the skin and strengthens the skin barrier. It is recommended by dermatologists and clinically proven to be effective on sensitive and dry skin

@pixtyn - You might want to try Nécessaire The Body Ritual .  I liked all the products in this sample kit.  Specifically, one of the products is a hyaluronic acid serum for the body which you follow with the body lotion.  Since hyaluronic acid dried out my face, I wasn't expecting positive results.  I was wrong!  What a difference it made to my dry body skin!  I'm on a no-buy right now, but it's on my Loves list. ❤ 

Nécessaire The Body Serum - With Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide + Ceramide 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

@pixtyn @You can use aloe gel, Bio Oil, Leanne Grace body cream, almond oil found on Amazon 

REN Clean Skincare AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 6.8 oz/ 200 mL 

Kopari Ultra Restore Body Butter with Hyaluronic Acid 7.7 oz/ 130 mL 

L'Occitane Smoothing and Firming Almond Supple Skin Body Oil 

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream with cuticle oil mixed in

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 5.2 oz/ 150 mL 

these are just some things that have helped me with my dry skin

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing