cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Body cream/lotion for dry/ashy/sun damaged skin

Hi all-

I am searching for a body lotion to help my dry skin. I have used various lotions and none of them seem to keep my skin moisturized. I exfoliate my body a couple of times a week and also dry brush. I put lotion on my skin right  after showering to increase moisture. Nothing seems to work. I know what to do. I just need the right product to work with.

I really need a lotion to combat my dry skin and bring it back to life. My hands, arms and legs look way older than I am. I have used OTC lotions with AHAs, but cannot find my holy grail. (Amlactin, Cerave, Hempz, etc).

Lotions and creams feel good when I put them on, but as soon as it sinks in my skins looks dry again. I realize that my skin is sun damaged, but is there a serum/oil/cream/ lotion or combination of things that work for you? Do you also have a preferred sunscreen that works wonders? All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Re: Body cream/lotion for dry/ashy/sun damaged skin

@pixtyn - You might want to try Nécessaire The Body Ritual .  I liked all the products in this sample kit.  Specifically, one of the products is a hyaluronic acid serum for the body which you follow with the body lotion.  Since hyaluronic acid dried out my face, I wasn't expecting positive results.  I was wrong!  What a difference it made to my dry body skin!  I'm on a no-buy right now, but it's on my Loves list. ❤ 

Nécessaire The Body Serum - With Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide + Ceramide 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

Re: Body cream/lotion for dry/ashy/sun damaged skin

@pixtyn @You can use aloe gel, Bio Oil, Leanne Grace body cream, almond oil found on Amazon 

REN Clean Skincare AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 6.8 oz/ 200 mL 

Kopari Ultra Restore Body Butter with Hyaluronic Acid 7.7 oz/ 130 mL 

L'Occitane Almond Smoothing and Beautifying Supple Skin Oil 

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream with cuticle oil mixed in

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 5.2 oz/ 150 mL 

these are just some things that have helped me with my dry skin

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing