Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Blackheads on man

My boyfriend have really bad black heads, he has never used skincare before, I tried the origins mask but it didn't work

Do you know any mask/cleanser to clean it? 

I have a clarisonic but whitout a cleanser for men I don't think it will work 

He's 50+ btw

Re: Blackheads on man

@alex56 First, start with a gentle liquid cleanser.  FAB Pure Skin Face Cleanser is excellent, and a fave among many BICers.  If he wants something less expensive, CeraVe has some nice options.  Neither brands are too "girly."

Next, it's super important to use BHA.  I only recommend Paula's Choice.  It comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  I rec starting with the 2% and going from there.  (I use the BHA 9).  PC has a lot of promotions, so I rec signing up for e-mails.  They also have a decent return policy, and you can even buy samples.  Nordstrom also carries many of their products.  Again, this line is pretty gender-neutral.

Oil blotting sheets can help when used routinely.  I use them mid-morning and afternoon.  Target makes nice ones.

If he is still struggling, consider asking a derm if he is appropriate for Retin-A.  It has nice results, just start slowly.

I also like to use mechanical scrubs from time to time.  Many BICers don't like scrubs, so I will leave that decision up to you.  Neutrogena has some nice ones, just try to avoid the overly scented ones (like the grapefruit one) and ones that have too munch menthol.  My favorite is Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash.  It's gritty, though.

Best of luck!  Tag me if you have any questions!  🙂

RE: Blackheads on man

He needs to exfoliate more regularly he’s having build up from not doing it. Come in and get an enzyme exfoliant like the amore pacific enzyme peel. That will eat away the dead skin and the dirt and build up in the pores. But a regular cleansing routine is necessary to not get the build up.
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing