Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Blackheads... UGH. I feel like I've tried everything.

SO.. disclaimer... I am 8 months pregnant [yay can't wait for our pink bundle of joy to be here. Plus I'm so over being pregnant in the summer] so obviously my skin is kind of all over the place and I've been trying so many different products both from Sephora and from other places and I've definitely noticed that taking care of my skin has made a difference in avoiding break outs and the size of my blackheads but I can't seem to find a product that REALLY gets in there and cleans out my pores to the point where I start to notice no blackheads at all. Right now my blackheads are really small but they seem to be all over my nose and chin. I haven't been wearing make up at all lately because ya know making a human is exhausting and ain't nobody got time for that LOL so I'm just looking for some advice to get rid of the tiny blackheads that are all over my Tzone. I've tried all different kinds of masks from peel off to wash off. Ones that have activated charcoal to mud masks to clay...you name it. Different kinds of cleansers with an automatic face brush but nothing seems to work for the small blackheads. If anyone has a holy grail to get rid of these pesky little things. ID LOVE TO HEAR IT. Thanks in advance!

Re: Blackheads... UGH. I feel like I've tried everything.

@Ktx3 BHA can be very helpful.  I only rec Paula's Choice.  It comes in 1, 2 and 9 percent.  I've also found that mechanical scrubs can be helpful, but some BICers don't rec them so I will let you make up your own mind.  Neutrogena makes some nice gentle ones, but my fave is Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash.  If you are still struggling, you can ask your MD if you would be a candidate for Retin-A (1, to make sure s/he thinks this would help and 2, since you are expecting or might be nursing).  Good luck and congrats!!!

Hey there!
My brother struggled with the same product so I searched for a product that would help with his blackheads and I finally found something that helped him out tremendously! It helped with his blackheads and it was affordable. They don't have this product anymore on sephora 😞 they stopped selling it (boo!) but you can find it on amazon! Caolion Premium Blackhead O2 Bubble Pore

Hello @Ktx3!

Have you tried the peels by Dr. Dennis Gross? They seem to help me with pesky breakouts, clogged pores, textured skin, and provide immediate glowing skin. 

According to their website, the peels are safe to use during pregnancy!

For something more affordable, Cosrx has 'One Step Pimple Clear Pads'. I'm currently trying them out so I can't speak for its efficacy, but they're considered HG for many in Korea.

RE: Re: Blackheads... UGH. I feel like I've tried everything.

I haven't tried that! I will give it a go and see where it takes me. Thank you so much for your advice. Cheers!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing