Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Received this product as my birthday gift and loved the way it went on so next time I was at Sephora purchased 2 sets of this product. I had developed a terrible lip rash/chapping (right after I started using the birthday gift however because it was "all natural" I didn't relate the 2). It only continued to get worse and I thought it was the colder weather. I tried everything and kept putting the agave lip gel on at night thinking I was helping my lips.

Because it had gotten so bad I stopped using ANY lip product and noticed in 2 days immediately after stopping with Bite that the reaction is subsiding and going away. 
Am really shocked this product that should be all natural does this and that there is a LONG thread on here about it. I have sensitive allergy prone skin but have NEVER had this reaction to a lipstick/gloss in my life.

This product should include an allergy warning. It is expensive and misleading 😞

Just hoping I can return these products as they were not cheap and they have ruined my lips not to mention the amount of pain of severally chapped and numb lips.

So disappointed.

RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I had a severe reaction on my lips a month ago after using Bite agave lip mask, though I didn’t know what it was from initially, I went to the doctor when after my lips swelled up and got severely chapped, they then became almost rubbery, VERY strange and very painful especially when sores formed. I had to get on steroids and antibiotics, which worked, however now I am in Italy on vacation and used the lip mask again not knowing, and immediately had the same reaction. Now I am stuck trying to enjoy my vacation with painful sores on my mouth and it looks terrible. Very upset about this- when I see so many other posts like mine. I have no other allergies, and I have not reacted to beeswax or lanolin in the past. Never wearing Bite products - beware to those thinking of trying it.

Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Sorry this happened to you. You might be allergic to the lanolin. It's seems to be a common allergic reaction and I believe it's the first item on the ingredients list. Are you allergic to wool by any chance?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing