Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best stretch mark product?

Two years ago I had a breast augmentation surgery in wich I went from an almost A cup to a C,  and some lil stretch marks started to appear, but it did't bohered me cause I have very fair skin and they just didnt looked that obvious... now I'm pregnant and my breasts are huge! Now I'm almost a full D cup! Wich I love, but new stretch marks have come to appear... my tummy is still clean but I'm really scared they'll show up there too... Which product is the best to soothe the actual ones and to prevent new ones?????

Tags:

There's not a whole lot you can do to prevent stretch mar...

There's not a whole lot you can do to prevent stretch marks - genetics play a big role.  Since you already have them you already know you are predispositioned to them.  Also, did your mother or sister get stretch marks on their stomachs during pregnancy?  If so, you probably will too. (Stupid genes!)   You can certainly use heavy moisturizers like cocoa butter to keep your skin elasticized but that only helps so much.  (Check out Palmers at the drugstore for an inexpensive option.)  Gaining and later losing the weight at a healthy rate is another important aspect.

Strivectin makes a stretch mark and wrinkle treatment and Retin-A (ask your doctor for a scrip) has also been shown to help with existing strech marks, but these are not safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.

Congrats on the baby!  Enjoy your pregnancy - stretch marks, leg cramps and all.  Totally worth it!

Inevitably, you'll probably get stretchmarks from being p...

Inevitably, you'll probably get stretchmarks from being preggers.

It just happens. I've heard my Dad say, that when I was in my Mom's womb, he put

almond oil on her belly. Well now my Mom has had five children, and her stretchmarks aren't terrible,

especially for how many of us she's had.

I'd try using an almond oil, perhaps L'Occtaine's Almond Supple Skin Oil, and something to moisterize your stomach, like Josie Maran's Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick.

Give it a try! If these don't work to your liking, they do have laser treatment for strechmarks.

I say embrace motherhood!(:

Good Luck & Congrats!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing