Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Best products to fade acne scars?

I am currently 24 and have finally overcome my acne (thank goodness!). Now I am working on evening out my skin tone and fading my acne scars! 

Does anyone have any MUST HAVE products that they can suggest to fade old acne scars? 🙂

@beautybearxo the post below has some really good ideas....

@beautybearxo the post below has some really good ideas. Add into that another ingredient, Alpha Arubutin from the ordinary, and you'll be good to go!

Re: @beautybearxo the post below has some really good ideas....

I've never heard of that but I will be sure to give it a try! Thanks so much for the help!! It is much appreciated! ❤️ 

Re: Best products to fade acne scars?

Hey there! I'm on the same mission to fade my acne scars, so I have a lot of suggestions on the topic. A vitamin C serum is definitely a must-have. The Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution is one you can get from Sephora now. Retinoids are also really effective treatments for acne scars but they do increase sun sensitivity so make sure to step up your sun protection if you use one! The Philosophy Help Me Retinol Night Treatment and the PTR Retinol Fusion are both great if you're looking for something from Sephora. And as for sun protection, the Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45+ works as both a sunscreen and a serum that helps fade and prevent acne scarring. Peels are also a good idea since they're such good exfoliants so they'll speed up the process of skin regeneration and help acne scars fade more quickly. The PTR 40% Triple Acid Peel and the Drunk Elephant Babyfacial are both fantastic. But I can personally vouch for The Ordinary's AHA + BHA Solution as well. It's a great dupe and a much cheaper alternative to the previous two products I mentioned. And I've found that rosehip seed oil is a good oil for brightening acne spots. Sorry this god so long but I hope it helps! Best of luck to you! 

This is super helpful! I've been advised to exfoliate but not for peels! Thanks so much! I'll be sure to try them out!! 

I would start doing a weekly face peel to help even out your texture and by using a vitamin C serum to fade any discolouration.  @beautybearxo  

This is also what I was going to suggest! I'm currently using the COSRX Triple C Lightning Liquid. As for exfoliating masks I enjoy Herbivore Blue Tansy or the Neogen Green Tea pads @beautybearxo

Wow!! This is the most potent vitamin C serum I have found yet!! And its way cheaper than the ones sold at Sephora! Thank you so much for this tip! I will definitely be trying out the Triple C lightning liquid!!

I am very grateful for the advice!! Thank you! I hope this works 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing